News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Summit Racing

Started by SG1022, August 20, 2010, 11:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG1022

I am getting ready to order,
-exhaust system
-wheels
-lugs
-radiator
-headers
-air cleaner

I was wondering if anyone had a summit racing discount code laying around. This is a big order... to me. :2thumbs:

Finally getting my 3rd gen moving

68X426

Word is that Summit discontinued all discounts.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/summitracing.com says there are no current reliable codes.

I read at moparts that the following code worked on line this month: ZB69174526, good to 9-1-10 (percent off ?).  :shruggy:

You got to shop the Internet, find better prices, then ask Summit to match. They have done all right by me with matching over the past year.

PS here's my chance to bad mouth JEGS (just the facts): bad business people, advertise they match and then won't, out of stock on a great many items, then when they finally get it in stock, they will charge the full ship rate, plus a $2.50 screw you handling charge, as though you ordered each item separately from the original order. 9 separate charges on 9 items, only because they are out of stock. Then they act like they could never have overcharged. I had to fight for reversal on every one of them. I feel bad for the staff, management there must be real cruel.

Boycott the bastards. Summit is way more customer oriented and smarter.
:Twocents:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Supercharged Riot

Summit always has better prices anyway.
I look at jegs and I see the same thing at summit for less
I wont waste my time asking jegs to lower their price.
whoever has it lower price first takes my business

SG1022

Thanks much for the help.

Now I just have to find out if my exhaust kit(says it is made for hooker super comp headers ) will work with hooker comp headers or the summit headers.

The shipping for my order says $8.00... That can't be right.

TexasStroker

Yeah, Summit is very good about matching prices.

I tend to go with them by default...I recently picked up two new gauges to guinea pig before picking up the entire line-up and was shocked when my browsing found a lower price...I had already placed the order, made a call, and within 2 minutes had the price matched and was credited for the difference.

I have never had any trouble with Summit at all.

The $8 you are referring to is likely the "handling" charge.  Everything you ordered is pretty light and compact, except maybe the wheels if depending on what you got.  If they are under the 70# mark for UPS and your exhaust system's tails don't exceed "X" inches for oversize then that is all you will pay. 

Good luck with the project!  Did you get to use that discount code or did it reject it?
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

68RT4ME

I'm a JEGS basher too. I ordered some stuff from them. I had to call a couple times about the status of my order. When it finally got there, it was wrong and then the guy on the phone debated with me on what I had ordered. I'm like "Hey bud, don't tell me what I ordered. I have my list. You guys screwed up. Finally told him to stick it and hung up and called back to speak to someone else. Took a bit but he made it right and I lost their number permanently after that.

Summit always treats me right and gets it right and they are cheaper too.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

BrianShaughnessy

I prefer Summit but I'll shop at either.    But...  don't forget to check ebay or Amazon.com for your parts.   If you get the mfr PN's and search on those you can get great deals.

I picked up a new magnaflow cat for my GC for $68 off ebay along with rear axle bearings and seals for a total of $28 shipped.

Amazon has got great deals like dynomax catbacks for cheaper than anyplace else.   I just ordered a gatorback serpentine belt for the GC yesterday.  $30.88 shipped vs Summit $42.90 shipped.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BigBlockSam

QuoteNow I just have to find out if my exhaust kit(says it is made for hooker super comp headers ) will work with hooker comp headers or the summit headers.

why don't you call summit's tech department and ask them  :scratchchin:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

SG1022

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 22, 2010, 11:06:41 AM
QuoteNow I just have to find out if my exhaust kit(says it is made for hooker super comp headers ) will work with hooker comp headers or the summit headers.

why don't you call summit's tech department and ask them  :scratchchin:

I plan on doing it, except I don't have phone service right now, only wifi. (on vacation)

Has anybody dealt with their service department.  In other industries at least, service departments aren't known for their technical knowledge. I have been told that parts don't even exist.(while I am holding it in my hand)