News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pushrod between pedal and brake booster

Started by General 68, August 17, 2010, 04:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General 68

I need to know the lenght of the pushrod used with power brakes. My car was converted to power brakes long time ago and the brake pedal sits even with the gas pedal-pretty low. I think maybe I have the pushrod for a non power assisted system. My pushrod measures about 2-3/16" center holes.

b5blue

The set ups are totally different, you can't switch between them.

General 68

You might very well be right. I saw this mentioned in a different thread so I wanted to give it a try. Why is the pedal even with the gas pedal then? I don't believe it is supposed to be that low as there is a risk one could hit both pedals at the same time. By the way, the brakes work normal and the pedal doesn't go all the way to the floor. It just seems tu rest too low. Any ideas?

b5blue

General 68

Just 6T9 CHGR

On power brake cars the pedals are pretty much even.....when I first converted mine that was the first thing I noticed.   Just like driving your manual brake car for the first time & getting used to the "step up & on" high brake pedal, you'll get used to the power brake pedal as well...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

b5blue

Funny this came up...I just did the swap and am getting use to that difference, my newly converted to manual peddle sits so much higher I had to max out the adjustment on the brake light switch!   :yesnod:

General 68

Maybe I'm fine then. Still recall seeing interior pictures of a few manual cars showing the brakepedal even with the clutch pedal. Maybe they all were non-power assisted cars?