News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Saddle interior.

Started by JT01, August 16, 2010, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT01

For those of you that have original saddle interior can you post some pics for me Im in the process of redoing mine which is a original saddle interior car I just want to see what yours look like.Thanks

Mr. Lee

JT01

Thanks for the pics I wanted to see if any of them was like mine my dash, pillar moldings ,kick panels headliner and rear package tray are all darker brown than the rest of the interior the rest are all saddle. When you look at original interior charts it just says saddle so what color is the darker brown is there a code for it and can you get paint.

Mike DC

The factory intended the primary color to be on the seats and door panels, etc.  The dash & A-pillars were almost always a darker shade, and the headliner/trim was sometimes a lighter shade.  This kind of light/medium/dark pattern is the same for other Mopar upholstery colors of the era too.  

There is a range of original color differences depending on when & where the car was built.  Some cars have very different shades on the dash & headliner compared to the seats/doors.  Other cars have pieces that are all much closer to the primary color throughout the interior.  

There's a very easy way to handle the darker tan color issue for restorations - just go to a SEM spray can dealer and get "bluebird brown" vinyl dye.  It's so close to the dark brown on my original '69 Saddle interior parts that I wouldn't bother custom mixing anything else for the job.  

If you want the shade to be not quite so dark, then you can order some regular (non-spray) cans of the SEM vinyl paint and custom-mix a different shade.  I would start with the Bluebird brown and then throw in a little bit of the "Camel" shade to lighten it up a bit.  

JT01

Thanks very much for the info. I dont want it to be all the same color its nice to have a little different shades in there so i will go and try the bluebird brown