News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just bought AMD Fenders-dent in front above headlight--What do I do???

Started by sixpack_sid, August 13, 2010, 08:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I just bought a pair of fenders for my 68 charger and got them today. They look great except the right side has a dent on the front above the headlight door. What do I do?? Should I complain to the company, or just fix it? It would need to be puttied because it's at such a hard spot, you can't use a hammer & dolly on it.
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

Mike DC

Theoretically they should be swapping you another fender.  You may or may not wanna bother to do it depending on the size of the dent.  Are we talking about anything large here?

Either way I would contact AMD and tell them what happened.  Companies need to be told when they screw up or they'll never stop doing it.

1970Moparmann

Take pictures!  Call AMD, and most likely they will have to file a complaint via whomever they used for shipping.  May take a while to get payment or a new one.  Time will tell what your decision will be about fixing.  Theoretically, it's the shippers issue not AMD.  Act on it ASAP!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

b5blue

YUP! Contact shipper and file claim for damage in transit. Always check any package instantly upon arrival or if your not present for delivery as soon as package is discovered. If your there don't sign anything until your certain it's the proper part shipped and in perfect condition, the driver may huff and puff but it's your money. I work for the V.A. in shipping and I found hidden damage on some large sheet metal cabinets 4 times before we got the order for 2 completed! Shippers do beat the crap out of everything all the time and it may not be YOUR drivers fault so keep that in mind but reject a messed up package and check carefully that it's not been opened (re-taped) as an unnamed person who works for an unnamed large shipper has told me they have seen less than honest employees pilfer packages! You may receive an offer for compensation instead of replacement, that would be your call. Demand perfection as that is what you paid for. Complain to supplier also as they will confirm they sent you a part in good condition.     

elitecustombody

x2.

AMD is easy to deal with, hope you resolve this problem quick

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

drifter69

All my sheet metal came from AMD and I did have a small dent in the same location your talking about. I just worked with it because you are going to find that you will need to anyway. After market sheet metal is close but not perfect. You should call and let them know for sure but consider your time when you do, you might get another just like it. Not saying they should'nt stand by there product just offering a diffrent point of view.

hemi-hampton

In the body shops with new car parts damaged they usually just give you a discount. Which should equal the time you figure to fix it. Sometimes you can return a part 3 times before you get a non damaged one. Some will insist it gets inspected at time of drop off/delivery or any compensation for damages may be considered null & void. LEON.

Belgium R/T -68

My shakerhood from AMD had a dent on the "fenderside". I bit costly to ship it back from
overhere. :eek2:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Silver R/T

can't always blame company. Usually shipping company damages panels during shipping
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Quote from: b5blue on August 14, 2010, 08:39:19 AM
YUP! Contact shipper and file claim for damage in transit. Always check any package instantly upon arrival or if your not present for delivery as soon as package is discovered. If your there don't sign anything until your certain it's the proper part shipped and in perfect condition, the driver may huff and puff but it's your money.

I agree to an extent but I find it difficult to force the delivery drivers to sit there while we spent 15 minutes unrapping some of these bullet-proof packages. And then another 5-10 minutes inspecting them and if you find something wrong how much more time wrapping it back up? Is is really practical to expect the guy to stand on your porch for half an hour?

b5blue

Yes it is, it may seem rude but by refusing the delivery on the spot you protect your replacement rights 100%. He leaves and they can dispute anything you discover or claim, it's your money, your rights, your time to. I receive bashed up crap from all shippers every day, keep in mind my facility gets 100's of items daily. It's normal for me to find incorrect packing slips listing parts that are not in the order or incorrect not just damaged. If a driver gets testy we are still polite and professional but if he leaves without us signing it's on him. (Never happens) We had a semi load of sheet rock that was huge and showed up very late. The shipper was instructed it was to be delivered by 9am to facilitate unloading. The driver slept in his truck that night, he was allowed to unhitch go get dinner and return, do what he needed/wanted, but it's part of his job.