News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger -68 help from sweden

Started by Petri., August 12, 2010, 10:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petri.

Yes it needs some work,some idiot put a new trunk over the old, headliner cost nothing, all body work i can do myself, so you think i can find one blower 68 for the same money that is nicer. in sweden it costs a lot of money to build one engine like that,double price to usa, if i look like that its better have some fixing on everything else.

/Petri

Charger´69

Quote from: Petri. on August 28, 2010, 08:26:42 AM
Yes it needs some work,some idiot put a new trunk over the old, headliner cost nothing, all body work i can do myself, so you think i can find one blower 68 for the same money that is nicer. in sweden it costs a lot of money to build one engine like that,double price to usa, if i look like that its better have some fixing on everything else.

/Petri

I think so too, that engine itself is expensive if it is builded right  :2thumbs: But maybe you should still see some more pictures above the car etc before you buy that. I think it looks very nice  :coolgleamA:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

mikepmcs

it had a stripe on the rear at some point.  when they walk around the back you can see the line in the paint.  
i think it's still a pretty nice car but really needs to be looked at close.  he's trying to grab eye candy money(ie: that motor will make anyone smile)
it might be too much money for that car.  agree with the headliner deal.
and... can you just slap any old carb on when you remove the blower.  aren't there some parts that need to be changed up front and such, compression issues to consider.  sounds like a bigger job than it looks to me.  
wish i had a blower.

maybe i'll just get a gear drive for the noise.   :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Darkman

He had that listed on Craigslist for $15,000  :o  when I was looking about a month ago
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Petri.

If he had it on craiglist for 15000 i want pay any 27000, thats for sure.

bsakal

I think he bought it for 15K, and now is trying to flip it...
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Petri.

He said he bought it from a friend, maby he is lying.

Petri.

Ok better to let that car go to somebody else,got a email from a person who had this one on ebay,but it dissepeared some day before the ending,he have just moved from florida to texas but the car is still in florida,does anyone know something about the car, the price to me seems to good to be true, 18000d,here is what he wrote to me,for some reason it looks like he is out after one quick deal.

Hello,
I'm sorry for the late reply, but I'm very busy, as I just moved to Texas. Anyway, just to let you know - my 1968 Charger is still available for sale, because I had a deal with someone, and he applied for loan, but the bank turned him down. The price I'm going to sell it for is 18,000$ and it is non-negotiable. I'm after a quick sale, because I need money urgently - that's why the price is relatively low. I can let you know the car has a clean title (on my name), it has no scratches or dents and it looks and runs perfectly. I've used eBay's protection before, and that's why I wish to sell this car also with eBay's protection. If you agree with my terms, please reply with your ebay user ID, so I can inform ebay and after that they'll contact you with more details and how this transaction will be done.
Thank you,
Mary

Hi Petri,
The car is in Florida as advertised. Here is more info about it - This car has been stripped down to the bare metal and repainted and that is just about it!!! This original 440 Charger R/T is one of the best ever. A restored original car with a super nice show quailty repaint in it's original colors. It does have the "matching numbers" original 440 engine block and 727 torque-flight automatic transmission. Optioned with Bucket Seating with console, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dash Gauges, Thumbwheel radio and more.It is as arrow straight as you would want to see an original car. These cars have long quarter panels and this one is as good as it gets! Body, Floors, trunk are rust free. Runs and drives strong! A real original & fully documented Charger R/T 440 that will always keep its value!
I have forwarded your details to ebay, so they'll contact you soon with further instructions. I need your full name and shipping address, so I can get the car shipped where you want it to be inspected.
Thanks,
Mary

I post some pictures to in next thread.

/Petri

Petri.

stripedelete

Beautiful car!  But, is it just me, or does the email sound like a scam?

sixty8charger

sounds somewhat scammish..  only way to be sure is to actually see the car...
Jayson

Charger´69

Quote from: sixty8charger on August 30, 2010, 10:57:35 AM
sounds somewhat scammish..  only way to be sure is to actually see the car...

I was thinking so too  :scratchchin:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

Petri.

Yes propably to good to be true,here is my car that i drive around in sweden now until i find a charger,bought it 2008 from fort lauderdale florida, one owner 1998-2008, 11000miles.

url=http://www.geting.se/viewimage/image/260823-IMG_1915.JPG][/url]
url=http://www.geting.se/viewimage/image/260824-IMG_1903.JPG][/url]

/Petri

68RED4SPEED

Just the same came to me, they had my ebay info with my name so I reported it to ebay, all their correspondence I just forward to spoof@ebay.

Petri.

Thanks i will also report it.

/Petri

68RED4SPEED

Sent: 3/8/2010 8:38:44 PM
To: ++++++++++
Subject: Re: Plymouth GTX

Hello Sven,

We have a deal at $5.555. I've got a quote based on your location and I can ship it over to your address that you have on file with eBay (+++++++++++++++++, none 12345, Sweden) for only $1.760. This includes insurance and door-to-door delivery service. A total of $7.315 should be paid. Also, if you want it delivered elsewhere or you have changed the address, let me know.
Since I had problems in the past with dead beat buyers, I want to know if you have the funds already or if you are sure that you can get finance. Also, it will not be available for pickup or shipping until full payment is received and cleared on eBay's side. You have 5 business days to pay.
I can only close this deal on eBay, because this way we can leave feedback each other and get protected using their payment system. There is an inspection period of 10 days after you will receive it. If you find anything wrong with it you have the right to send it back to me, on my own expense and get a full refund from them.

-----Ursprungligt Meddelande----->
Sent: 4/8/2010 6:27:26 PM
To: +++++++++++++
Subject: Re: Re: Plymouth GTX

Hello Mr. Sven,

The payment method is bank transfer, you will get the transaction information and payment instructions once transaction is started.
Here is displayed all steps to close this transaction:
1. I will open a case at eBay regarding our deal.
2. eBay will contact you with the invoice with all the payment details.
3. You will deposit the funds at eBay.
4. eBay will secure the funds in their bank account.
5. I will send you the car and you will test it for 10 days (the testing period will start once you will receive it), the delivery time is not longer than 25 working days after the payment was done.
6. After you will see that the car is like I described you will notify eBay to release me the funds and we have a complete deal.
If the car doesn't match with what I described or there are something wrong on it you can simply refuse it and they will refund you the full amount, including the shipping taxes too. But I'm 100% sure that you will love it.

Sincerely,
Garry E.

I will wait for your confirmation so we can go ahead with the transaction.

Sincerely,
Garry E.

He also sent me fake ebay pages several times ash#=+l

Petri.

Asked the owner of the green one about that it was on craiglist for 15000d,his answer was.

yes it was. i told you I bought it and spent a month of my time and my money to finish it. the guy needed the money that day and sold it below market value. i don't need the money so I am selling it for market value. my time is not free, i don't do this for fun. if you want it for the agreed upon price then someone can come look at it if not then good luck finding another one. there are some on craifslist for 15k in pieces and there is one for 25k on racingjunk that needs to be fully restored.

/Petri

68r/t

Please don't let that supercharger grab you by the short and curly, I would say it has fair few issues seen and unseen, keep looking time is on your side.

Petri.

I will keep looking.

Got more from mary (scam), he is really trying....

Hi Petri,
My father owned the car for about 8 years. I didn't want to bring this up, but I can't use a phone because  I'm recovering from a surgery and I'm unable to speak yet. I hope this wouldn't be a problem for you. As I said I just need your full name and shipping address, so I can prepare the shipping asap.
Thanks,
Mary

/Petri

472 R/T SE

Mary sounds awful desperate.

You sound pretty anxious to get a '68 Charger.  I hope that anxiousness doesn't bite you in the butt.

Petri.

I want get to anxious, ill have so good help from you guys so it cant go wrong.

/Petri

even_u

Petri.

I think it looks nice,but as all say,let somebody look att the car,that i have learned now.

/Petri

Petri.

Need help to look at one charger that i really like,i have one thread here.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,73456.0.html

/Thanks Petri

Petri.

Know im a little angry,told the guy with the yellow one that i buy it from him,transfered the money to kent in miami this monday,kent fixed a truck that should pick it up this weekend, and know he sold it yesterday to that california guy,know my money is in usa and now car,me and kent talked to him several times.

/Petri