News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger -68 help from sweden

Started by Petri., August 12, 2010, 10:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68RED4SPEED

Darkman

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 17, 2010, 08:47:27 AM

Whats on the dash below the guages?  Some sort of radio station tuner?  I've never seen that before.

Looks like a universal digital clock. Looks as if there are adjustment buttons
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Petri.

Here is next one,seems like a okay car,but i know that he had it for 2 weeks and his emailadress is chargerbuyer.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1902139005.html

url=http://www.geting.se/viewimage/image/258320-009.JPG][/url]

.JPG]

/Petri

Petri.

Difficult to say if it is a good car, you can see that he has repainted it black under the hood and i think i see one rusthole in the trunk corner under taillight.

/Petri

LUMI

you have seen this and maked an offer for it :icon_smile_big: it would be very close to you :coolgleamA:
http://www.blocket.se/goteborg/Dodge_Charger_R_T_68_28292371.htm?ca=1_5&w=3
its been on sale for a long time = about 2 years
it was very close that i bought it  :angel:

terveisin
Jani

LUMI

Petri.

Seen that and price is to high and nobody today in sweden trust those import companys.

/Petri

Belgium R/T -68

After almost 40K spent and every free hour the last 4 four years I have always problems with ads selling Chargers for 20K where "everything is new"
and fully restored. With that I don't mean that this is a bad car just that everything is relative.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Dans 68

$25,000 is his reserve price? Seems a bit high. Looks like a nice car but I would ask the seller to allow your agent (a DC.com member or someone else) to check it out before closing the deal.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Petri.

He wrote on ebay to me and said 25000d,that is not in the auction,when you buy it beside ebay,now he send me this email 2 hours later.

HELLO, JUST TALKED TO MY WIFE AND SHE SAID IF YOU ARE WILLING TO GIVE US $23,000.00 WE WILL ACCEPT IF YOU CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN FAIRLY SOON, AS WE COULD REALLY USE THE MONEY. THANKS, SCOTT

To me this doesnt sound great, i called him before these messages and asked for his email but he didnt want to give it to me because he wanted it to go on the auction.

/Petri

Dans 68

Have someone look at the car. I can't say this enough. If it works out, great. Tell the seller that you want to see the car, via a proxy. Don't rush it.  :Twocents:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Dans 68 on August 19, 2010, 03:08:42 PM
Have someone look at the car. I can't say this enough. If it works out it, great. Tell the seller that you want to see the car, via a proxy. Don't rush it.  :Twocents:

Dan

Can only agree to what Dan is saying. :2thumbs: I bought a -70 charger unseen because his wife also was involved and it sounded so very good, was that a POS car. :brickwall:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

HITMAN 149

awwww thanks guys!!!!  :2thumbs:
yea it just became a lil much for me to finish right now!!!

sorrry petri!! raido from estonia JUMPED on it!!!!!!!! hahaha
goood luck with your search!! it took me over a year of looking before i bought my r/t!!!!
:cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Petri. on August 18, 2010, 02:42:52 PM
Here is next one,seems like a okay car,but i know that he had it for 2 weeks and his emailadress is chargerbuyer.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1902139005.html

url=http://www.geting.se/viewimage/image/258320-009.JPG][/url]

.JPG]

/Petri

I'd be very weary of that car. 19k new everything yet there is rust in the trunk that has had black paint sprayed over it. Does not look like the bottom has been done underneath.

My guess its a 19k driver that probably needs to be taken down to bare metal and redone. Who knows whats hiding under there. With rust like that in the trunk you have to wonder.

Petri.

Ok, here is next one,ill copy what he have told me.

I have owned for for about 2 years and over the past 2 years I redid the interior, the dash, etc.  The previoius owner had it for a long time and only one owner before that and has always been garage kept, the reason why the body is so good.    All the gauges work (except the clock, but it's not hooked up) and a hot rod shop installed the motor.  Not really in a rush to sell it as I really enjoy the car but could use the money.  I attached some more shots of the trunk, window, etc.

Yes, there is a small rust patch on the rear lower panel by the wheel, I included a picture of it here.  There isn't much other rust but a few imperfection here and there.  Let me know if you need anything else.  The attached pics are on the driver side.

1968 Dodge Charger with new 440 and recently restored

Description,

Recently replaced old 383 with a new 440 (Have invoices, desc of motor below), New dash with working gauges, New radio hidden under seat
with CD/MP3 input, New gas tank, Magnum 500 wheels, new Mickey Thompson tires (275/60 15 in rear, 245/60 15 in front) , new zoom high
performance clutch, new hooker black headers, new stearing box, new K&N open air intake, new MSD BOX with programmable shift light/tac,
new front/rear tran seals, resurfaced flywheel. Working vacuum lifted head light covers. Interior in great shape.
Paint is in great shape.

Motor - New Mopar 440 (around 2300 miles on it):

Block--thermal cleaned then shot blasted, magnaflux checked for flaws, bored, honed with torque plate for perfectly round cylinders with
446 actual CI, decks on block squared, steel crank cut to 010-010, oil holes chamfered, micro polished, LY rods with ARP bolts, premium
file fit rings and Keith Black pistons 030 over, pump gas compression ratio of 9.6:1.  New baffled oil pan, Melling oil pump, Clevite
bearings,Comp Double roller timing set, hyd cam 224 in 234 exh at .050 with 465-488 lift--degreed in, premium Johnson lifters, 452 heads with
hardened exhaust seats for use with unleaded, machined multi angle valve job, Comp springs, chrome moly retainers, locks, premium seals,
heads CC'd, Mopar rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, new Edelbrock 800 Thunder series carb (these are like the factory AVS Carters
but with bigger throttle bores),  new Mopar Performance electronic distributor.  Engine pulled about 16 in vacuum.  All factory pulleys,
new alternator and new bracket kit, water neck with HP thermostat, header / exhaust gaskets, Autolite plugs, new roller pilot bearing. 
This is a good sounding, pump gas friendly street bruiser.  Will make about 400 HP and near 480 ft lbs torque. Drives great and melt tires
at will. All around great street package with a 3.55 rear end.  Cam is a little bigger than factory Six Pack cam so it sounds good but is
not a fender shaker that you can't drive.

Petri.

The gearbox is changed from automatic to A833,know to the pictures.

url=http://www.geting.se/viewimage/image/258888-IMAG0007.jpg][/url]
.jpg]

Petri.

So what do you think about this car, if it is ok what would be a normal price for a car like this,he asked 29000d on craiglist but i think that is little to high, has a little rust,he wants me to give him an offer.

/Petri

Petri.

Hi, found a 68 that i am very interested about, if someone who lives near ambler in PA could check it out for me it would be very nice,i got pictures and videos of the car but when it is alot of money involved i wouldnt by a car without anybody checking it out, i want to know in what shape the body is under and of course everything else, it is this car.
We have come together about the price also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwzOzq5wxtU

/Petri

mikepmcs

isn't it going to be an issue with inspection or acceptance over there with the engine modification?  didn't I see a post where someone said they had a problem or something because the car they brought over had been modified??

nice car though. how much does he want for that monster???? does it have a hood?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

ok,saw the hood at the 1 minute 27 second mark in the background.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Petri.

The price is 27000d,is it a fair price, it is not a bigger problem to get it inspected here,have to remove the blower before inspection and put some small carburator on it and maby change to stock manifolds so that it looks more stock,it has a fuelcell in the trunk,have to throw that away and put a stock tank on it and maby take the small rollcage away,then it looks like it is pretty stock.

/Petri

ChargerĀ“69

Quote from: Petri. on August 27, 2010, 02:56:00 PM
The price is 27000d,is it a fair price, it is not a bigger problem to get it inspected here,have to remove the blower before inspection and put some small carburator on it and maby change to stock manifolds so that it looks more stock,it has a fuelcell in the trunk,have to throw that away and put a stock tank on it and maby take the small rollcage away,then it looks like it is pretty stock.

/Petri

I can buy that blower setup from you if you buy that Charger...  :icon_smile_wink:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

68r/t

Quote from: Petri. on August 27, 2010, 02:56:00 PM

/Petri

It will need a lot of work, needs a trunk pan and a headliner for starters,  and it looks rough to me, I would say it is a polished turd and for that price I would keep looking.