News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RFI: '70 500 Emblems

Started by Domino, August 10, 2010, 08:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino

I searched the whole grill link compilation, and elsewhere but didn't find this one...

My headlight door on the driver's side (and probably the whole grill) is from a base model '70 so it has the "arrow" emblem.  My car is a '70 500. 

1st question: Can I use the base model headlight door and swap emblems, or are the doors too different?
2nd question: Are the tail panel "500" and grill "500" the same emblem and who sells them?

I am assuming the "charger" emblem both tail and grill are the same for all '70 models, slap me if not.

Thanks in advance...

GreenMachine

I changed my grill emblem out on my '70 500 from the arrow to the "500". No mods necessary, it's a straight swap.

The tail panel is a different story. They are riveted in unlike the grill which are held in by screws. On top of that, the holes are all different between the arrow, R/T, and 500 emblems. When going from arrow to R/T (like the one pictured), the unused hole is covered up. It doesn't look like that will be the case going from arrow to 500 (see pics). By the way, I had to cut the arrow from the Charger script. I got both of my "500" emblems on Ebay, I got the tail emblem for $30 or $35, couldn't find it anywhere else so I considered myself lucky. It was advertised as NOS. It looks like its the right one, but I think they used similar ones on the '69 & '71 Charger 500 and maybe the Coronet 500.

The part # on the tail 500 is 3505338 if you're interested.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Domino

Thanks. That's good news with the arrow to 500 on the grill.
Yeah, year one and others are pretty specific about the years for the "500" they sell, and 70 ain't one of them.

My tail trim is original to the car with "charger 500", so the rivet holes should line up.

Thanks again for the nice pics and part info.

GreenMachine

No problem, let me know if you need the part # for the headlight door emblem.

Domino

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 16, 2010, 09:25:06 PM
   No problem, let me know if you need the part # for the headlight door emblem.

If you have it on hand, then yeah.  :2thumbs:
We all know the dirt is in the details!

GreenMachine

'70 headlight door 500 emblem P/N: 3443093