News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Microsoft Security Essentials program (dang good one to!)

Started by MoparManJim, August 10, 2010, 01:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Hi you all, some of you maybe have or remember me talking about this program afew times.

Well let me tell you something.. man I'm dang glad I have it and that a friend of mine (Josh) from another forum told me about it after I went through 2 dells (one lap top and one desk top) with in a week of each other way back in the first week of April. I was off line for a month because the one place I was getting my pc at didn't want to up hold there contract or customer service either. I left them and went to another place and go ta pc that isn't Dell product as me and Dells doesn't get along  :lol: at all! Well when I got the new system thanks to a friend for helping me out. I got back online and the very first night I was hit around 11PM with a dang virus right off the bat. I wasn't back online no more then maybe 3 hours trying to get things up and going I got hit by one. 

I ran the virus program that came with the pc and it said I didn't have anything on the system as in virus or anything like that. Well I knew different and I knew that program was junk.. I was talking to a friend of mine at that time and he mention about MSE and how it worked that it saved his system and was very very easy to work and run. Now here I am with a system that was just rebuilt and it already has a dang virus in it.. I knew what would happen if I shut it down that I wouldn't be available to get it back up and running again as the virus was in folder sys32. The pc kapt asking me if I wanted it to reboot I kapt clicking "no" I found the MSE program on the net which it is a free download. I downloaded it. I had to remove the junk virus program out before installing that one. After I got it downloaded (was ask 8 times by the pc if I wanted to reboot it) well after I got the junk virus program out of it I quickly installed the new one which is the MSE one. Now came the heart ticker of them all.. I had to do two tacks at one time. I had to set the MSE to boot up at the same time as the scan at the time during the system reboot and to con figure the old one being removed while it configure the new one at the same time. I had to do all this at the same time because I know if I did it different the system would be toast. Well when I shut the system down I was hoping I would get past the logo screen  :lol: because with the dang dells that was all more I could get. Well the system went right to the deck top no problems.. the stuff all kick in very well. Then when I tried to use the IE nope it said it was infested (lucky I got the program downloaded ah) well I tried the My computer nothing same thing happen (lucky I installed the MSE before rebooting). All I could get working was the MSE program, so here I sat wondering if this program was all it was crack up to be... I was about to put it to the test to see what it really had as guts  :lol:. I click on it and hit quick system scan man did I find things right of the starting line. This trojan this virus ect ect (I only had the system hook up to the internet maybe like a 2 hours!) well after it ask me if I wanted to "Clean Computer" I figure here we go they'll take me online to buy some software now.. man was I wrong  :lol: . I click on the button and it did what it said it would do it did clean what it had found. Now I'm sating there in maze that it was doing what it was crack up to do (first program to do that). So I ran "Full System Scan" and man I was about blown away with what all that little program found! I started the scan at midnight and it didn't get done until around 3AM! it showned me the stuff it found and then it asked me if I wanted to "Clean Computer" and I click on the button and it ask me for each thing the same thing, it had me confirm each one and ask me if I wanted it clean or not. When it was all done.. I click on IE and it worked  :lol: .  that was when I got Firefox as a broswer.. and I told Josh i was happy with the program of MSE. 

I had afew virus's hit me sense then and this program is good, if your system is running slow just click on the icon and run a scan and if there is something there it will tell you and ask you if you want to "clean computer". I just got hit again tonight with something as around 1AM my system started to run slow and I mean slow  :o . I thought it was doing a task and then it said I had something and to do a full scan.. It did find something and it was a bad one. After I click "Clean Computer" about a minute later things are back to running fast again. Talk about a good little virus program that does it job! :yesnod: 

If you all want a good program that you don't have to pay for that fights virus and takes care of them, this would be the program. It's real easy to use also and very simple to.

MoparManJim

bumping this up in case anyone might need to know a good virus fighting program.