News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did I stumble onto something valuable?

Started by maximoutlaw, July 31, 2010, 11:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maximoutlaw

During the Christmas holdiay, my girlfriend and I went out to Maryland to spend the holiday with her family. I was just playing around on EBay and I was researching Vector rims just for fun because I wanted to eventually replace the General Lee look alike rims I had on mine. I'm not sure what I typed in but I saw a listing for a set of American Racing Vector rims that a guy had on a Mustang or so he said. I can't remember how much he wanted for them but I do know they weren't going for over 500 bucks. In his listing, he said that it should fit the 68-70 Charger and other vehicles. I was looking at other replica rims and I saw that a set of 4 without tires were going for 800-1000 bucks and the set he had came with the rims, tires and center caps. For the low buy it now price, I snatched them up thinking I got a good deal on a set of replica rims. When they arrived I saw that they were 14 inch rims with bfgoodrich radial t/a tires. I started looking at tribute General Lee's, the ones on Ebay going for over 20,000 and I saw the rims I had were different than those because of the size and color.

I started doing some research later and I found out that I in fact had the actual correct 14 inch rims and the correct tires used in The Dukes of Hazzard series. Now I'm curious if these rims and tires are actually more valuable then I what I bought them for. What do you all think?

1970 Dodge Charger "General Lee"

mikepmcs

The wheels were generally 14X7 inch American Racing brand and were mainly mounted on P235/70R14 B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A tires with the blackwall side facing out.

Tires used on the General Lee varied, but the best known make and model was the B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A. The most common size was P235/70R14; P235/70R15 was also used. Winston Winners were also used. Movie cars had the white lettering on the outside, while TV cars had the white lettering reversed.

If your 10 spokes are a direct fit and amercan racing then they are worth some money, but not a gold mine IMO.
I'm thinking they stopped the repop vectors that Am Racing was making too. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?