News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RFI: 2 Tone Paint on 2nd Gens

Started by Domino, July 28, 2010, 08:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino

Guys,
I did some searching with little luck...I'm looking for example pics of 2nd gens with the roof painted a different color than the body.  (EG: blue and silver charity charger at carlisle)  I feel a silver roof would pair nicely with the flake in some of the original colors.

I really like the two tone look, but I've yet to embrace a vinyl top.
I'm curious to see how others have customized this look and how the sail panel/qtr check mark trim looks vs. a dividing pinstripe, etc.
Please post pics from your archives...

Thanks in advance.

bakerhillpins

I haven't made up my mind about the 2 tone paint that replaces the vinyl top but here is a members 69 that he painted the top white.

Nice car though.

68RRFlyer - Here is a link directly into his Car Domain acct.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3369130/10

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

68RRFlyer

Yeah, that's mine.  This is after polishing.  I decided to do the white painted top for now until I get the other new parts I need this winter for the vinyl top install.  The check marks and emblem look good I think, even without the vinyl top on.  A nice accent stripe in place of the check moldings would look good too if done right.  Maybe experiment with photoshop on that one? :scratchchin:

Good luck!

Cheers :cheers:
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

CRZNYT

There is always the rare mod tops if you want a couple of different colours  :2thumbs:
66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
60 Plymouth Fury Convertible
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II