News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Took the Charger for its longest drive ever today

Started by bordin34, July 27, 2010, 11:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSS454

I remember the first long trips I took in all my old cars.  I was on my way home to South Jersey from a Super Chevy show in New Hampshire when the tow vehicle broke down.  I had the truck/trailer towed off the highway, backed the 70 SS out of the trailer, threw all my crap in the trunk, filled the gas tank and drove it 6 hours home with 4.10 gears in it.  It never missed a tick.
I've driven my 69 Malibu to Niagara Falls (450 miles each way), Mid Coast Maine (525 miles each way), and getting ready to drive it out to Cleveland, OH this Thursday.
The first road trip I took the Charger on was to Maryland.  It ran good but the trans acted up on the way back.  It started spewing some fluid out on I-95.  The next time was on a return trip from Endless Summer Cruisin' Ocean City, MD last fall (3 hours each way)  I took the ferry down from Cape May because it shortened the drive by 60 miles, but missed it on the way back.  So instead of waiting another hour, I filled the tank and drove it 3 hours home.  Never missed a tick.  I drove it down and back to Ocean City, MD this past spring too.  Now I drive that car all over the place.  I've logged almost 5000 miles in the last 2 years with it and I have a few more long road trips planned with it still this year including another trip to Endless Summer Cruisin' Ocean City.
Tom Rightler

ply72rr

We took my Charger on vacation to the Poconos last summer,a little ove 1000 miles in 7 days. We had a blast cruising the back road and small towns and got compliments and questions about the car everywhere we went.It seems to hardly get noticed around home.I think we'll take one of the old cars on every trip from now on.Driving them is much more enjoyable than polishing and sitting at a show(to me anyway).

Highbanked Hauler

Driving isn't a problem as long as you carry tools and obvious spare parts. :yesnod:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser