News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats the market for 1st gens like??

Started by Foreman72, July 15, 2010, 03:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreman72

So what are some ball park $$ figures on 1st gens right now?   Everything from projects to drivers to 100 pointers...anyone with any wisdom to share? :scratchchin:

Thanks guys!
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

ChgrSteve67

market has always been on the low side.

parts car $500 - $2500
Running needing lots of work $2000 - $5000
Nice driver $4000 - $12000
Very nice driver $8000 - $15000
Restored car $15000 - $25000

If its a HEMI car add about 12k - 15K to the numbers above.
If its a 67 HEMI 4 speed add another 5K - 10K because of the limited prod #

If someone thinks thier car is rare and famous well they can ask what ever they like for it.
Market always bares what someone is willing to pay for the car if they got to have it.

I have over 25k in mine and would probably be lucky to get 15k - 17k for it.

I'm sure others have a different opionion.
This one is just mine.

I think the last 66 HEMI car that rolled across the BJ block sold for something like 36k ? I was a nice driver.

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

AKcharger

NHCharger

You thinking about going to the darkside :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ghoste

"Going to the darkside"?  It isn't that simple, it's a damned exclusive club and we just don't go around letting any old wannabe in.  There is a big hazing ritual you have to pass and a blood initiation and all kinds of secret handshakes to learn.

A383Wing

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

ITSA426

Quote from: Ghoste on July 18, 2010, 09:09:54 PM
"Going to the darkside"?  It isn't that simple, it's a damned exclusive club and we just don't go around letting any old wannabe in.  There is a big hazing ritual you have to pass and a blood initiation and all kinds of secret handshakes to learn.

Actually any old wannabee can be in if their dowry includes the right parts, like original quarter panels, and they know the inner secret workings of EL lighting and rotating headlight motors.  The blood initiation is real enough when you touch that hot white wire and pull your arm out under the dash leaving whatever parts of flesh aren't fast enough to go with your arm.  The secret handshake is more important if you have an old Inland shifter.  And Oh yeah, they aren't the cheapest to restore. 

Like everything else, buy the best you can afford.  Prices?  $500 for a stripper and the Bloomington Ghost was out there recently with a $2 Million asking price, but I'm pretty sure it's not sold.  If you're selling, price it right and be patient.

mauve66

Quote from: ITSA426 on July 19, 2010, 08:29:14 AM

Actually any old wannabee can be in if their dowry includes the right parts, like original quarter panels, and they know the inner secret workings of EL lighting and rotating headlight motors.  The blood initiation is real enough when you touch that hot white wire and pull your arm out under the dash leaving whatever parts of flesh aren't fast enough to go with your arm.  The secret handshake is more important if you have an old Inland shifter.  And Oh yeah, they aren't the cheapest to restore. 

Like everything else, buy the best you can afford.  Prices?  $500 for a stripper and the Bloomington Ghost was out there recently with a $2 Million asking price, but I'm pretty sure it's not sold.  If you're selling, price it right and be patient.

double word up dude

keep an eye out for the rare pink cars also........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

67RedCharger

Well I see some old friends are still around. ie: Topher, Ghoste, A383Wing, and Mauve66, and this ole Charger owner, 67RedCharger still in the saddle.  As for the worth of any 1st generation Charger, they ain't worth nothing until you see the money coming your way.  That is, if anyone is trying to sell their Charger.  Something to think about when selling a Charger is the value of the parts ie: Front grill medallion, trunk lid medallion, any of the peak moldings (like hen's teeth indeed).  Put them all together and make a car out of them, and consider what yoiu have.
A collection of parts put together in a way that makes up a rare vehicle that will run like a striped _ss zebra.

~ 67RedCharger ~
http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/oldweb/dodson.html
Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

Foreman72

thanks so much for the info guys :2thumbs:

it looks like i have a good idea of price...what about demand?
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

ITSA426

Ghoste

I demand that you go ahead and get one, they're a sick pleasure.

NHCharger

Quote from: mauve66 on July 19, 2010, 08:35:33 AM
Quote from: ITSA426 on July 19, 2010, 08:29:14 AM

double word up dude

keep an eye out for the rare pink cars also........................

Wow, and I thought the double secret 3rd gen society was tough to get into.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Foreman72

Quote from: ITSA426 on July 19, 2010, 05:32:08 PM
Are you buying or selling?
trying to help a friend sell...he said if i got him numbers/info he liked he would consider selling them here...

Quote from: NHCharger on July 19, 2010, 07:50:57 PM

well it aint gonna stay double secret if ya keep talkin bout it huh? :nana: :nana: :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

TeeWJay426

Nothing to see here, Mr. Third Gen guy...... move along now.....
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

stripedelete

Quote from Ebay auction:

"Please do NOT waste my time with trade offers or low offers."

I guess my plan to "low-ball" him at $1M is out..........

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: Foreman72 on July 21, 2010, 07:50:38 AM
Quote from: y3chargerrt on July 21, 2010, 06:55:07 AM
Ummm,,,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-HEMI-1966-Dodge-Hemi-Charger-8671-Original-Miles-all-org-/170515115643?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27b37e2e7b

:o whoa...what a story...

Its a nice story but I like the one on the most expencive muscle car chrysler ever sold that was found in March of this year. Story is in this months edition of MCG.
http://www.moparcollectorsguide.com/thismonth.html

Keep dreaming on the 2 Million Dollar car. They would be lucky to get 75K.

FastbackJon

Back in 1966 you could have bought all of the brand new 1966 Hemi Chargers for roughly $2,000,000.

468 x $4,273 = $2,000,000

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

CRZNYT

Posted by: ChgrSteve67
(Keep dreaming on the 2 Million Dollar car. They would be lucky to get 75K.)

I don't think its worth 2 million dollars, but I do believe with the documentation, being a survivor and the history of the this car it is worth more than just $75K.
Just my  :Twocents:
Cheers Don
66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
60 Plymouth Fury Convertible
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II

TeeWJay426

Quote from: CRZNYT on July 22, 2010, 06:00:48 AM
Posted by: ChgrSteve67
(Keep dreaming on the 2 Million Dollar car. They would be lucky to get 75K.)

I don't think its worth 2 million dollars, but I do believe with the documentation, being a survivor and the history of the this car it is worth more than just $75K.
Just my  :Twocents:
Cheers Don

I gotta agree.... he'll never get 2 million, but it's definitely better than a 75K car. I've seen it in person, and for us first gen guys, they don't get any better than that one.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

PocketThunder

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on July 21, 2010, 06:37:40 AM

Nothing to see here, Mr. Third Gen guy...... move along now.....

:smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."