News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Three speaker dash

Started by 66FBCharger, July 12, 2010, 11:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

On a '69 when did you get the 3 speaker dash? Did it depend on the radio you ordered? Was the dash speakers the only speakers in the system or was there a speaker or two in the rear?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Tilar

I'm not sure of 69 but I have a 3 speaker dash for a 68 that had an AM radio with an 8-track. No idea if there were any speakers in the rear.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Brock Lee

My Charger had the three speaker dash as well as the fader to rear speakers. While the box, wiring and all was intact, it was long unused.

Troy

The 3 speaker dash only came with an 8 track since that was the only stereo option at the time.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

MORFF

Ok I have one speaker in the front dash and two in the rear window does that mean i only had an A.M. radio stock?
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Brock Lee

If you have factory rear speakers, you will also have a fader control. On 1968's it is up beside the radio, 1969 and 1970's it is at the bottom of the dash almost directly below the ignition switch.

My 68 had the rear speakers and the one model up AM radio with more watts output. All speakers were the same sound (not stereo).