News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 steering column restoration parts**PIC**

Started by runningman, July 10, 2010, 03:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

Looking for the plastic tube supports that snap to the outside of the column and the o-ring that goes between the brackets.  Anyone know if they are being reproduced??  Also looking for the wiring harness connector if anyone has an extra... Thanks

Matt

runningman

Looking for the small white plastic clips, i guess they help support the tube inside of the column.  I'll get a pic of it today and post.

Matt

gtx6970

Quote from: runningman on July 11, 2010, 11:53:50 AM
Looking for the small white plastic clips, i guess they help support the tube inside of the column.  I'll get a pic of it today and post.

Matt

these ?

runningman

Quote from: gtx6970 on July 13, 2010, 07:23:59 PM
Quote from: runningman on July 11, 2010, 11:53:50 AM

Matt

these ?

Those are the clips that go on the bracket I believe, not the ones I was looking for but could use those as well.  My internet was down this week, I'll post a pic of the other clips tomorrow.  Do you carry those ones in the pic?  Thanks

Matt

b5blue

Matt do you mean the bushing/bearing on the bottom of the column tube in the motor bay?  :scratchchin:

gtx6970

Matt,
I'm not familiar with any  other kind of clip in a 1968 column. There is a white lower bearing support on the bottom and the only other serviceable parts up top is the upper bearing thats about 1" od

Yes, I have the lower support/ bearing @ $85 and the 3 clips shown above @ $15 set

runningman

Okay, here are the clips I was referring to.

runningman

runningman

Here is a pic of that rubber gasket/o-ring that I need as well.

b5blue

MTPOCKET

That seal I believe it is the steering column firewall seal here is a link to a Ebay sale for a non ac firewall set.. Looks like you might have to buy the whole kit. No luck on the other item you need..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120360563825&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=3b49083312a0a0e201f32b93fff68a98&rvr_id=119738403412&ua=WXF%3F&itemid=120360563825

RD

the o-rings can be found on ebay.. saw them there before.  those plastic clips though, i have never seen.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

runningman

Quote from: RD on August 05, 2010, 07:21:25 AM
the o-rings can be found on ebay.. saw them there before.  those plastic clips though, i have never seen.

Strange, I see these on the drawings that have been posted on here before.  I will see if I can find the drawings and repost.
Quote from: gtx6970 on August 05, 2010, 08:55:15 AM
http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=89s9ze

Awesome, thanks...now...anyone have the dimensions for this o-ring?  Mine was rotted out, I don't think there is enough for an accurate description.  Thanks

Matt

Chargermoneypit

I am also looking for the same clip that goes on the steering cloumn. Did anyone come up with where they can be puchased???