News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your wing car.... Real or Reproduction?

Started by FastbackJon, July 08, 2010, 11:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you own a real wing car or a reproduction of one?

Real '70 Superbird
Reproduction Superbird
Real '69 Daytona
Reproduction Daytona
Real '69 C500
Reproduction C500
I'm a wannabe

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on July 11, 2010, 09:51:12 PM
Quote from: FJ5WING on July 11, 2010, 06:26:13 PM
My real one that dosent look like anything. :smilielol:

again i'll take your nothing off your hands   :nana:

Like you need another project!   :lol:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on July 13, 2010, 07:29:21 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 11, 2010, 09:51:12 PM
Quote from: FJ5WING on July 11, 2010, 06:26:13 PM
My real one that dosent look like anything. :smilielol:

again i'll take your nothing off your hands   :nana:

Like you need another project!   :lol:
i can majorly down size for a real green  bird    :nana: :rofl:

hitail

Lucky enough to own a real bird. Same one since 1980.

moparstuart

41husk

I would have gotten a real one back when they were affordable, but back then they still were out of reach financially :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

XS29J

Real, very original, V-code, 38,000 mile bird...

FJ5WING

Quote from: moparstuart on July 13, 2010, 10:04:39 PM
Quote from: hitail on July 13, 2010, 09:47:21 PM
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

I wanna see more pics of that gorgeous White Superbird!

White is my preference when it comes to Birds.
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on July 14, 2010, 08:39:20 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 13, 2010, 10:04:39 PM
Quote from: hitail on July 13, 2010, 09:47:21 PM
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

I wanna see more pics of that gorgeous White Superbird!

White is my preference when it comes to Birds.
:shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:  but green is the best    :nana: :smilielol:

tyly

my dreams are realized, boy, girl and superbird.

-Teemu-
Plymouth Superbird 440 six-pack, 4-speed, 15000 miles
Dodge Charger -70 RT/SE Hemi
Dodge Challenger convertible -70 6.4 SRT HEMI

http://tyly.kuvat.fi/

BigBlockSam

QuoteWhite is my preference when it comes to Birds.

me too
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mauve66

Quote from: 41husk on July 13, 2010, 10:12:12 PM
I would have gotten a real one back when they were affordable, but back then they still were out of reach financially :brickwall:

sooooo, technically they STILL weren't affordable then........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

41husk

They were affordable, infact during the gas crisis people couldn't sell them.  I was just very poor.  I bought my Challenger convertible back in 82 for $2,000 and could not get my bank to loan me $1500 on it.  If it had not been for my father in law I would not have that car.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mauve66

i know about the gas crisis, but you said ................. never mind, i was just playing with your words

when i was looking at them, they were 20-30K and they were affordable to SOME people but were out of my reach financially therefore they were still UN-AFFORDABLE to me

wish i would of bought that 500 back in 85 for less than 10K :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hitail

FJ5wing, more pics for you and thanks for the kind comments.
If you are in southern Michigan July 24th stop at Mopars at the Red Barns at the Gilmore Car Museum. I'll be there you can see the car in person.

http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/html/event_details.php?event_id=13&;

NYCMille

One big black fake one!! And I wouldn't have it any other way  :2thumbs: Couldn't go modify a real one now could I...

moparstuart

Quote from: NYCMille on July 14, 2010, 08:31:57 PM
One big black fake one!! And I wouldn't have it any other way  :2thumbs: Couldn't go modify a real one now could I...
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

SBBob

Hi again.  Got my car in 1982, paid as much when it was 12 years old as when it was new.  I loved these cars from day one and I had to beg, barrow and call in all my markers and was still $1,700.00 short of what the owner was asking.  I laid out the bucks I had on the table and he said YES.  The were never cheep as I looked at over a dozen and they were even more $ or need way to much work.  I got mine with 92,000 mile on the clock and we are about to go around the 2nd time with 188,000 right now.  Yo, SBBob
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

moparstuart

Quote from: SBBob on July 14, 2010, 09:22:06 PM
Hi again.  Got my car in 1982, paid as much when it was 12 years old as when it was new.  I loved these cars from day one and I had to beg, barrow and call in all my markers and was still $1,700.00 short of what the owner was asking.  I laid out the bucks I had on the table and he said YES.  The were never cheep as I looked at over a dozen and they were even more $ or need way to much work.  I got mine with 92,000 mile on the clock and we are about to go around the 2nd time with 188,000 right now.  Yo, SBBob
well worth it for a HEMI car  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Old Moparz

It isn't assembled yet, but since I have most of the Daytona parts I guess I'll call mine a "Reproduction Daytona" for the poll. It's a '68 Charger, not an R/T, a 383-2V car. Been planning to convert it but don't know how far I will go with it. Most of my parts are Janak's, including the nose with the parts in it, the wing, the plug, & the lower front valance. I also have one of Dane's solid wings, Larry's steel bracing for the front & back, a Vega hatch, & the '70 hood & modified fenders. One thing I am still unsure of is whether to leave the mint tail panel alone or swap it to the '69 style. The '68 lights were never my favorite, but I have since seen them on a few wing cars & they actually look pretty good on them & starting to grow on me.  :shruggy:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 14, 2010, 10:55:07 PM
It isn't assembled yet, but since I have most of the Daytona parts I guess I'll call mine a "Reproduction Daytona" for the poll. It's a '68 Charger, not an R/T, a 383-2V car. Been planning to convert it but don't know how far I will go with it. Most of my parts are Janak's, including the nose with the parts in it, the wing, the plug, & the lower front valance. I also have one of Dane's solid wings, Larry's steel bracing for the front & back, & a Vega hatch. One thing I am still unsure of is whether to leave the mint tail panel alone or swap it to the '69 style. The '68 lights were never my favorite, but I have since seen them on a few wing cars & they actually look pretty good on them & starting to grow on me.  :shruggy:
the bill board daytona is a 68  :drool5:

this one is also but has the plexiglas race lens covering the tail lamps

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on July 14, 2010, 11:03:16 PM

the bill board daytona is a 68  :drool5:

this one is also but has the plexiglas race lens covering the tail lamps

One car that looks great to me is one I discovered on the Winged Warrior's site.
http://www.wwnboa.com/billvetsch.htm

The round lights look a lot better matched with the wing than without.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mopurr

Cute Cali.....checking out the wing parts

BigBlockSam

mine is a replica here's a pic of the Beast , at USR's all out day at island drag way

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams