News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

R/T emblem

Started by Charger Steve, July 08, 2010, 09:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Steve

I hope some one here can help me locate two parts that I can't find. The first one is the rear tail panel R/T emblem for a 68 charger R/T. Places like Year one have the 69 R/T emblem listed in thier online catalog but not the 68. Are they the same? I don't think they are because I have a 2003 catalog that shows both years and they are differerent part numbers. The part number for the 68 R/T emblem is VC144 but when I try to order it online the number comes up as invalid. Are there other places that might carry this part?

What is up with The Paddock? every time I try to go to thier website I get the message " the paddock is closed, sorry for the inconvenience". Did they go out of business?

The other part I can't find is the air cleaner pie tin for a 68 charger that reads 440 magnum and has the red lettering. These should be very common but I can't locate one. I have seen vendors selling these at swap meets in the past but can't find one online.

Any help here would be very much appreciated. Steve at chargr68@netconx.net
Charger Steve

vancamp

i have never ordered from them but heres a link that shows the emblem as available
http://www.herbsparts.com/search.asp

WHITE AND RED 69

I have had the emblems on order from year one for 3 months now. I called and they said they just received them and would be sent out the next day and tracking info would be sent out to me. that was over a month ago. So I called again and year one told me they are on a national backorder and they dont plan on getting them untill next year. herbsautoparts told me the same thing today. Im waiting on a response from jacksautoparts.com.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

doctor4766

Yes the Paddock is now just an empty field
Gotta love a '69

68r/t

I got my 68 pie tin from Mancini's, it was around $40 and they also sell emblems.

Magnumcharger

FYI: Take a really good look at the R/T emblem found in the grille of the new Challenger.
Although it's plastic, from a foot away you'd be hard pressed to see any difference.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

oldcarnut

http://jacksautoparts.com/catalog/emB.html
Try this guy.  I've bought several things from him with good service.

bzabodyn

I had the same problem with the HEMI door badges (national backorder) - supposedly only one company makes all of these emblems and only does it on a "need to" basis... I just kept scanning eBay and got lucky when a gentleman posted 8 of them for sale (I had previously only seen one emblem ever for sale in the past few months)...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack