News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I HAAAAATE Theives...not strong enough...maybe Loath is a better word

Started by wordslikebullets, July 06, 2010, 11:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wordslikebullets

So I have been working on putting my 74 charger back together all this summer. I got the interior to about 90%, I just fininshed up the Rear suspention with new leaf springs and shocks, Got all the chrome back on.  Put on the refinished wheels, tuned the carb so it was puring like a kitten and sooooo much more.  Im ready to take it for its real maiden voyage.  Saturday I cruise all day and man is it fun to get the old beast out on the road.  Its always  parked in the garage so nobody can mess with it.  But Sunday I get up and go to church and of course drive the charger and then head back to my house.  I left my car out for 3 hours to run to a bbq with the lady and didnt put it in the garage, but I live on the corner and know all of my neighbors so I figured it would be ok right?  Wrong!!!!!  I get back from the bbq and go to start my charger and it wont even turn over...thats strange maybe I left the lights on.  I also notice that the gas peddel is a little loose too but dont think much about it untill I pop the hood.... :RantExplode:  Some jerk stole my battery, my carb, and the heating regulator cable....WTF people... I was soooo mad I think if I would have came around the corner and seen my hood up with some jackass diggin around I would have had my girl friend drop me off on the corner so I could walk up on his car that he had parked there and start smashing the crap out of everything then slashed his tires so he couldnt get away by car and then hunted him down with a fury!  I can not image how the guys feel when they wake up and there car is gone this was just my battery $100, Carb $400, and the heating vent cable $???  So needless to say we need to stiffen our laws against theives.  I like India's policy of chopping a hand off for the first offence and then the other for the second the other hand and for the third death.  I HATE THEIVES more that lawyers and polititions put together. :icon_smile_angry:
I Love Chargers Yes I Do....I love Charger How Bout You

Tilar

Quote from: wordslikebullets on July 06, 2010, 11:10:50 AM
So needless to say we need to stiffen our laws against theives.  I like India's policy of chopping a hand off for the first offence and then the other for the second the other hand and for the third death.  I HATE THEIVES more that lawyers and polititions put together. :icon_smile_angry:

I 100% agree. Our penalty system is not setup to be a deterent to make people stop doing things that are against the law, it is setup to be a money maker, period. You want to deter people from stealing or buying cocain? Make it a capital offense and carry it out on national television. THAT would be a deterent.

Man that sucks.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Lennard

Unbelievable! If i ever catch somebody stealing my property i will go to jail! :icon_smile_blackeye:

Brock Samson

:flame: that's not right... don't you have an inside hood release?..

Charger74

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 06, 2010, 12:59:53 PM

Doesn't matter if you know the car. you can just reach up under need the bumper and manually release the hood.

4cruzin

Now that is down right LOW.  I'd be afraid of what I might do if I caught someone . . .   :o
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

1969chargerrtse

:icon_smile_blackeye:

Wow, I can't believe people do those things still in broad day light?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

Cooter

I feel your pain bro..Believe me...While it isn't a Mopar, I did own a '69 Chevelle SS 396 4spd car once and was working on it beside the house one day..Went to the local auto parts store. Wasn't gone but 1/2 hour TOPS..I get back, my rare HURST shifter handle(The one with the 4spd pattern inside the big "H") is missing, along with my State inspection sticker (NOT easily removed BTW, Takes MASSIVE time), and my Old school "SunPro" tac GONE!...That's about the most helpless and violated feeling in the world for a car guy...I hope they dumbazz that stole your goods gets caught and instead of justice and court, I hope they award you 30 min. inside the cell with him/her....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

chargergirl

HAS TO BE NEIGHBORS! We have a friend that went to moms house to make dinner for mothers day and had his car stolen from the driveway...it's in Mexico now we are sure. I hate thieves...I will give you anything...don't steal from me. We live in a neighborhood that people are told to stay away from...I have NEVER had anything taken from me and neither has Mark...he's been here more than 20 years. He did have a shock one day when looking for our Pug...who couldn't stand that "dad" has been gone more than 2 days...she went out looking for him. The boys in the hood were polite, yes sir, and very willing to look for her. Even said a friend has the same dog...we knew and his dog was just a pup. That endeared us to them...they truly looked for her...and when she came home from jail they were thrilled! I have left phone, money, etc in my car and never had a problem.
Trust your Woobie!

Silver R/T

I agree. There's no reason you shouldn't beat the shit out of thieves.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

G-man

Thieves suck but the law will protect them even if you knew who they were... that sucks even more... (speaking from experience) :RantExplode:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Charger74 on July 06, 2010, 01:08:53 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on July 06, 2010, 12:59:53 PM

Doesn't matter if you know the car. you can just reach up under need the bumper and manually release the hood.
I agree.  Although alot of non mopar people would not know this :Twocents:

dkn1997

In this day and age, who the hell would want a carb?  i"m not hating on you running a carb or anything, but who would even know enough about what a carb is to realize it has value to sell or be able to use it?  I mean that the potential pool of candidates that did this has to be pretty small.  What I'm getting at is that it could be somebody that  followed you or it's someone who knows your car....  or a local car guy.  It's not like some group of  thugs driving around looking for a set of 20's to snatch for their prelude.  sounds like someone made a special trip to grab your stuff.

sorry for your loss though.  I know a few hundred isn't the end of the world but it's still money.  Even if you had the money to piss away, that feeling of being stolen from is the worst ever.  don't mean to sound all modern "victim" but it really is a terrible feeling.  when i was about 5 or 6 someone stole our 66 dart 4 door and a watch out of another one of our cars right in the driveway.  FD found the car burnt up by the railroad tracks a few days later.  I remember as a kid being scared and wanting to puke.  felt the same years later when some lowlife stole a stupid CD changer out my car.

The irony is that most of us spend a hundred hours picking the right carb and tuning it...and it still doesn't run good enough.  This dirtbag grabs the first one he sees and it will probably make his car a second quicker in the 1/4 and improve economy by 5 mpg....all while being totally mismatched for his douche-mobile.
RECHRGED

FLG

That sucks!

Is is just me or if you dont know where it is even the exterior hood release is hard to find.

Maybe its just me, but i feel people "Respect" these cars more and actually would be LESS likely to find stuff stolen from em.

I remember when i went to the movies with it. Parked in the corner of the lot with a cobra, camaro...ect near nice looking cars only because i feel they respect there car and i know my doors arent going to get dinged. Come out of the theater and see a cop car parked there talking to people. I come closer and all there cars have broken windows, radios stolen and whatever else was grabbable. Come to the charger and its untouched, mind you i have a decent head unit sitting in the dash and i didnt remove the faceplate. Maybe its the fact the car is old and they figured there was nothing to steal. Either way i was damn lucky that night.

crusty440

One of the worst things you can do to me is steal from me.  I'm with Chargergirl, just ask me, I'll probably give it to you.

ACUDANUT

What is a head unit. (sounds like a engine part) Don't you mean stereo ? :shruggy:

FLG

chargergirl

My friends son was running on and on about the lowlife that stole his stereo. He worked hard for it, finally was able to afford it, scumbags...he rants on like this for a few hours. Finally my son stands up, looks at the kid (19) and says...now you know how the guy felt when you stole his tires and rims...and walked away. Friends kid never took another thing that didn't belong to him.
Trust your Woobie!

FastbackJon

In Old Testatment times, if you stole someone's Oxen, put it to death, and sold the meat and were caught, you owed the person you stole from five oxen back. If the stolen oxen was found alive in your possession, you owed them back double. If you can't pay your debt, you would be put to work (community service).
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

wordslikebullets

Yes yes and yes...I have calmed down.  The car I have has no interior latch only the one in the top left hand side of the grill.  I know it is just a carb but this was the first time I had it out in 8 years of work it was running great.  I still had a few little interior trim like seat hinge covers.  the back bench covers.  and I was bolting up the heater controls and realized that they took the cable to becuse I remember putting that back in a few weeks ago when I was doing some of the firewall plugs. The paint is not the best but it looks better that any other 73-74 charger in town.  Im not a rich man so it will take me a month or more to get this back to running.  I love in North Dakota so it is a limited season for driving so it sucks even more.  Im not going to let him get me down.  I will be putting a hood latch in.  It is now on my list of things to do.  I know it was a mopar guy becuse he took my heater control cable too.  He will get his that is for sure.  I have heard that there are small digital cameras that are motion sensored you can hang on your miorror and they are relativly inexpencive any one heard of that about that?   
I Love Chargers Yes I Do....I love Charger How Bout You

chargergirl

They sell game cameras that take a pic when someone passes. It's a still but they make all kinds of cameras to take video of the bad guy(s). I never saw a Camaro in my neighborhood till I brought my '80Z home...then there were tons of them cruising my neighborhood. It also opened from the front...no garage...I learned to park my cars nose about an inch from the house no room to grab the latch and the car was too low to get under. Hate living like that...has to be a Mopar person who has tools and skills you weren't gone long enough for it to be random. Who knew you were gone?
Trust your Woobie!