News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flywheel ID, clutch size

Started by elacruze, July 04, 2010, 04:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elacruze

I'm trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear here.

I bought a 11" 23 spline centerforce clutch for the Charger, then discovered to my pleasure that my memory was all wrong, and I have an 18 spline transmission. I got the centerforce for about half price, so I'm not killed but they don't sell discs separately from pressure plates. Drat. So, I got to thinking perhaps the CF will work in my '68 318 pickup. I know the input shaft size and spline works (1" x 23) but I don't know about the pressure plate bolt arrangement on the pickup. Also, I can't seem to find anything online that tells how many teeth each should have, or diameters.
I do know the pickup has a direct-drive starter, and I think that means I can't change the flywheel to any car style? I'm confused, can anyone straighten this out for me? The CF clutch is a DF070800, which is listed for a 23 spline late-'60's Mopar.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.