News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

placement of road runner emblems

Started by superbirdtom, July 01, 2010, 09:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbirdtom

I have a 70 runner. does anyone have the dimensions of where the quarter panel road runner emblems go exactly??  the little ones by the quarter side scoop.   thanks tom

Lennard

superbirdtom

I see by your pic that the emblems are higher than center of the scoop buldge. the distance from the scoop bezel to the word emblem runner seems to be exactly the width of the emblem runner.  but on the drivers side the word road would be next to the qtr scoop. but it still has to be the length width from the qtr scoop as the passenger side. the space between the  emblems  seems to be the width of a single letter.    thanks  for the pic  but I really need the  exact dimentions that the factory used .  I m sure most people out there just eyeball them off of another car when putting them on their freshly painter runner.        I have been scanning many r r pics on the net and wow lotsa variations of where people put them in that area.
                                                                               thanks  tom

Lennard

oldcarnut

These are from my 70RR I'm Bird cloning.  I couldn't find the emblems to put back in the holes but I believe these are the original drilled holes.  Someone else can verify also.  I reckon I'm going to have to fill them in later as I've seen no Birds with them..
Drivers side first
Pic 3 is the meas. down for the 1st front and #4 is the last rear
**Note the differences in hole locations on each side**

oldcarnut

Passenger side

oldcarnut

One more PSide

superbirdtom

ahhhhh so they are drilled ones. ok I thought they were double backed emblems.  I have both so thank you very much for taking time to measure the hole  very very much appreciated!   only the best ppl on here for sure.  tom :cheers:

Patronus

in the first two pics, if you hook that type of tape on you may need to add an inch, use it to scale only  :shruggy: :Twocents:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

oldcarnut

Its pretty close compared to a steel scale

superbirdtom

oldcarnut

The trunk lids on the SBirds have a RR emblem added on.  I don't know whether they were stuck on or bolted.  Possibly the 71-up RR had stick ons  :shruggy:  I tried to see if some of the Bird resto pics had holes in the trunk lids but it wasn't easy to see.

superbirdtom

I think the bird trunk lids had holes in them and they had keepers that held the emblems on.so I guess the stickum emblems must have gone like you said  on a different car altogether.