News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you remove the taillight sockets

Started by E5 Charger, June 28, 2010, 11:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

Has anyone removed the lamp sockets from the taillights of a 74 charger? I think it would be easier to clean them properly and easier to paint the taillight housing with them out.

71charger_fan

If they're installed the same way as the '71s, I don't know of a non-destructive way to remove them. The thin metal of the socket is swedged into the plastic housing.

E5 Charger

Thanks CDN72SE. Nice to get help from a fellow Canadian. I tried the search and only got one hit. I tried it again today and got a whole page of them. Hmm.

CDN72SE

No problem E5 where abouts are you? I'm in Milton, Ontario. Years ago I actually used a replacement bulb socket that I found in the Help section at Canadian Tire this was on my '72 lights and I think the housing are different though. I basically forced mine out by bending them I didn't care because I wasn't going to use them again. Let us know how it goes. Alan.
1972 Charger SE

E5 Charger

Hey Alan, I'm in Winnipeg Manitoba. I don't think I'm going to remove them, they are just dirty not corroded. Seems too risky. I'll clean them best I can and mask them off when I paint the housing.

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE