News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who should I buy my carpet from

Started by troy.70R/T, June 20, 2010, 08:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I was wondering who has the best quality carpet for my 70 Charger? Or is all the carpet made by the same people? I looked a Legendary Auto Interior's web sit but did not see carpet on there. :shruggy:

charger2fast4u

i bought mine through Yearone for my 68 charger. havent installed it yet but laid it out on the floor and looks good and should go right in. ill see if i can uncover some boxs to get to it and see what the manufacturer is.

bill440rt

The BEST quality carpets (as in most accurate, factory original) are from ECS. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that supplier). They come shipped flat, not rolled up in a box. They are the most accurate repro carpets out there.

Second on the list would be Auto Custom Carpet (ACC). I believe YO & all the other big suppliers are getting their carpets from ACC, but you can buy directly from them.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

71charger_fan

I've had ACC and whatever J.C. Whitney sells. I liked the Whitney carpet better.

twodko

I bought my new carpet from Legendary along with upholstery. Everything fit like a glove, however the "chase" on the finished carpet edge is crap. It began to fuzz just getting installed in the car!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Troy

Quote from: bill440rt on June 21, 2010, 06:54:11 AM
The BEST quality carpets (as in most accurate, factory original) are from ECS. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that supplier). They come shipped flat, not rolled up in a box. They are the most accurate repro carpets out there.

Second on the list would be Auto Custom Carpet (ACC). I believe YO & all the other big suppliers are getting their carpets from ACC, but you can buy directly from them.
I was talking to Brian (1hotdaytona) and he mentioned that ECS was no longer carrying the (shipped) flat carpet. I think they had 1 left in stock at the time and it was for an auto (I need one for a 4-speed). I think the reason was because shipping was too expensive.

I used ACC in the Barracuda (from Dante). It fit all right but not perfect. I think most all the vendors sell ACC.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

troy.70R/T

Well as always thanks guys. I will check out the places you mentioned.  :2thumbs:

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Troy on June 21, 2010, 03:30:57 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on June 21, 2010, 06:54:11 AM

I was talking to Brian (1hotdaytona) and he mentioned that ECS was no longer carrying the (shipped) flat carpet. I think they had 1 left in stock at the time and it was for an auto (I need one for a 4-speed). I think the reason was because shipping was too expensive.

I used ACC in the Barracuda (from Dante). It fit all right but not perfect. I think most all the vendors sell ACC.

Troy

They actually are still doing it,they just kinda took a break and were only selling what they had in stock until they were done with thier move. I believe the move is done now so they should be back at it again .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

resq302

The last time I was talking to Dave at ECS, he said they were having some problems with inspectors or something with revisions and needing stuff changed at the new place.  They were holding off on shipping out or receiving new carpets since they are a large item to store until they got into the new building.  Once they are in there, they will have a lot more back in stock and on hand.  All I know is when it comes time for me to replace the carpet, Dave is getting a call from me for my car. :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

troy.70R/T

Anyone have a website for (ECS) carpet? thanks

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: troy.70R/T on June 22, 2010, 06:43:23 PM
Anyone have a website for (ECS) carpet? thanks

....just give them a call. 636 207 7767
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

troy.70R/T