News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1.6 rockers?

Started by Hudson Hornet !, June 07, 2010, 09:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudson Hornet !

I am putting together a 431 stroker out of a 383 and I just bought a set of edelbrock aluminum heads with 10* locks. The cam I am using is a comp cams XE275HL with .525 of lift. I also got a great deal on a set of 1.6 ratio rockers at a swap meet. I am worried that I don't have enough spring on the heads for the rockers to work. The heads say they are good for a cam with up to .600 of lift, but doesn't that change when the ratio of the rockers change?  Thanks in advance for the help as I am stuck in my project till I figure it out.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

elacruze

.525" / 1.5 = .350"

.350" * 1.6 = .560"

So your springs should be good for the lift, but your rate of valve acceleration goes up as well. The springs will be capable of controlling the valve train only to some lesser RPM level than with the 1.5 rockers. You need to have the cam and/or spring manufacturer advise you on compatibility.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

BSB67

Test the springs if needed to determine their installed and max lift pressure.  Contact Comp Cam to see if the spec. for the spring will work with their cam.

You'll probably need to clearance the head to clear the pushrod with the 1.6 rockers, especially if you use a 3/8" push rod.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Hudson Hornet !

Thank you guys for the replies, I love this site!
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !