News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Summit Direct Fit Aluminum radiators, just got one, tranny cooler question...

Started by Moparman01, June 06, 2010, 05:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman01

I just bought an aluminum "Direct Fit" radiator from Summit, just from eye-balling it it doesn't look like it's gonna directly fit very well, anyone ever put one in their big-block Charger?? Also, i've always run a tranny cooler unit which i've plumbed to run tranny fluid thru both the cooler and the stock 26" Mopar radiator, is it really nescisary for a tranny cooler with a cross flow aluminum radiator? The reason i ask is becuase i've got to re-plumb the lines anyways, if i can eliminate the tranny cooler unit that would free up some space and make the plumbing much easier, but if it should be there i'll make do. Thanks!

devilgear

I bought one last year and returned it on their dime the same day because it was not even close to a direct fit...I think I went with a Radiadems or something like that...It was cheaper and better...The only problem was the bottom plug was plastic and it being metric it was hell to find the right one...When I did they made me by a whole bag of them to order...So if you ever need one...Let me know...HA

Moparman01

Damn right it's not even close to a direct fit, it's way the hell off. :flame: I could make it work, gotta trim some of the one side flange off then the mounting holes will line up, but the hoses are all screwed up. I'm a little pissed off, $330 bucks should fit ALOT better. I just can't afford to go and buy $600 or $700+ radiator, so i went the summit route, now i gotta make up my mind to keep it and "make" it fit, or tell summit to shove it where the sun don't shine.... :brickwall: