News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trunk floor ext panel

Started by 73charger440, June 06, 2010, 05:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73charger440

i have a question ,Here it goes i have recently got my car back from having the quarter panels replaced and after getting it back i noticed being under it that the trunk ext panels where badly rusted out and  insted of  the body shop replacing them  like someone with a brain would they just hung the quarter panel on the nasty rusted out metal so know im having to try and replace it with a new quarter on it ,my question i have it allmost all the way cut out except where it goes toward the bumper does that ext panel go past the trunk wall and attaches to the heavy cross member in the back ,thenew ext panell i bought is from autobody spec and looks to be good quality

73chargers4404

ok i have the ext panel all the way out now im having a hell of a time getting the new pcs in ,has anyone ever replaced this pcs with the quarter on the car when start it it rubbes the quarter and i worry about denting the quarter  :brickwall: F**#king body shop ,plz tell me i didnt screw up in trying to replace this pcs

HOTROD

Quote from: 73chargers4404 on June 08, 2010, 08:03:50 PM
ok i have the ext panel all the way out now im having a hell of a time getting the new pcs in ,has anyone ever replaced this pcs with the quarter on the car when start it it rubbes the quarter and i worry about denting the quarter  :brickwall: F**#king body shop ,plz tell me i didnt screw up in trying to replace this pcs

Can you put it in threw the trunk ?? The old rusty one probably had to much give when they put the quarter on so you mite haft to modify it !
What the Hell-Dumass !

AutoRust

Quote from: 73chargers4404 on June 08, 2010, 08:03:50 PM

Nah, you didn't screw up trying to replace it with the quarter in place.
Its the only way to do it.
The trunk extension panels always need to be trimmed and fit into place once the quarter is on.
Take your time, be patient, and work it carefully. The extension fits a few different model years, so it might not be an "exact" fit, but you will get it.
:cheers:
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

73charger440

thanks alot glad to hear that  :cheers: ,this car and the people i know longer do bussiness with have been giving me alot of stress ,and i whent out to day and realized ive been taking the wrong approach on puting it in i think i can get it but im going to paint the inside of the quarter panel first, yet another thing the shop shouldve done ,i talked to the owner the other day and he  didnt know his employees did my car like that but his suggestion with the holes in the ext panel and the 1 1/2" missing off the other side was to use kitty hair and fiberglass patchs to fix the problem  :flame:,but thanks alot for your help  and i will take my time putting it in, thats one thing in my favor, ive been working on this car for 8 years now and only am about 1/2 done.

73charger440

OK i i got it it setting in there now ,for those who try and put these in while the quarter panel is in dont try to go in at a weird angle like along the quarter panel and try and flip it rite side up doesnt work just put it streight in how it sets starting with the bumper end in first ,i do have one more question how crazy would u guys go with the welding  so far i just ive just have it tacked in every 3 or 4 inches  does it need to be more then that ,i was looking into useing the 3m  glue allso but the gun to apply it 300 dallors  :o ,any help would be helpful thank

lexxman

Hey,I did my ext with the 1/4's on.The guy I got the car from didn't buy them. Mine went in pretty easy ,just had to make some small adjustments.
I weldied mine about 2-2 1/2, but I would say  no more them 3 and I drill holes in the 1/4 panel  clamped the pieces together them plug welded the joints.
After that just grind flush. :2thumbs: