News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How wealthy or how not-wealthy are you?

Started by RD, December 15, 2005, 02:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Your Annual Salary

$100,000-LUDICROUSLY WEALTHY
$85,000-$100,000
$66,000-$85,000
$43,000-$65,000
$30,000-$42,000
$18,000-$29,000
0-$18,000
-$100,000-$0 (college students)

triple_green

I made some decisions 10-15 years ago that limit my advancement at work.....won't work 12 hours days day after day....won't travel 2 weeks out of the month...but I still do OK. I like the work, and I get to do some interesting things (for a beancounter). I'm out of here most days by 2:30 and coach track in the spring and swimming in the summer, work with the middleschool youth group at church etc... so I have a pretty good life.

I'll tell you that I used to be able to save alot more money when the kids were younger than I can now. Everything they do or join costs money and it really adds up. But the wife lets me invest in my vices (3 mopars) too!

If you really want to become wealthy read the "Rich Dad-Poor Dad" series. But you will have to work for it and take some risks. I'm not willing to do at this stage of my life.

Cheers!
3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: triple_green on December 21, 2005, 11:17:03 AM
If you really want to become wealthy read the "Rich Dad-Poor Dad" series. But you will have to work for it and take some risks. I'm not willing to do at this stage of my life.

Cheers!
3X

I'd reccomend the book "The Millionaire Next Door".  Author spent roughly 20 years studying the habits of millionaires and how they got there.  Great reading.  One unusual anomaly stood out, the one profession that had a disproportionate percentage of millionaires were auctioneers.

Another good read in a different context is "The Wealthy Barber".

Places like www.amazon.com have them.

The wife quit her job after the baby was born, and it wasn't long before I realized what doechsle has, we were going backwards each month, dipping into savings to make up the difference.

Left my job that had plateaued (that is, dead-in, no room for promotion) and took the leap of faith and started my own business a little over 3 months ago without a single client lined up.  But, so far so good.  Somewhat like last426 stated, didn't want to one day wake up to realize I never gave myself a chance to succeed.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

nh_mopar_fan