News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K-member to lower radiator yoke brace questions

Started by 69chargerrt, May 25, 2010, 08:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt

I found that I'm missing the brace that runs between the center of the K-member and the center of the lower radiator yoke on my '69 Charger. While I've managed to find a used brace, I had 2 questions on it:

1) I haven't been able to find the correct mounting hardware for it. Does anyone know what's used to mount this brace?

2) Also, what is the correct length for this brace?   On this particular one I found, when I line up the hole that (I think) mounts to the K-member,  I found that the alignment on the hole (well, more like a slot) for the bolt to the radiator yoke is short by a 1/2 inch.   I'm not sure if this particular brace is off a '69 Charger, it most likely is off another B-body.  Are there different lengths for different applications?

Thanks!
David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

bull

AMD repops that brace and they're all over the place on Ebay new and used. Not too sure about the fasteners but I bet there's a supplier or two that carries a set.

69chargerrt

Thanks, Bull- I found it on their website - didn't know it was being repoped.    It answers the question on whether or not I have the right one- apparently it's a fairly universal bracket so I apparently need to tweak the yoke to get it aligned.  I've managed to find a original but it's somewhat rusty (well, was - I sandblasted it today and got it cleaned up and it's not near as pitted as I had thought).... but might think about going for the repop instead...  :scratchchin:

Still needing to know though what hardware I need..... I'm guessing a nut/bolt for the K-member, and just a bolt for the radiator yoke but don't know length/pitch/diameter or if I also need washers....   help!

David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

bull

Well, I looked high and low for a fastener kit for that but haven't had any luck. I assume, like most of that stuff in the fender area, you would need a captive washer nut and captive washer bolt. What I would do is get a handful of nuts and bolt you probably have lying around and see which ones fit. Then take those down to a good hardware store and match them up with their captive washer stuff. BTW, don't use flange bolts/nuts. They look similar but function differently and will rip up your paint.

maxwellwedge

69chargerrt

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 28, 2010, 06:02:31 PM
Frank Badalson has the proper fasteners.
Thanks!   I'll get ahold of him, and if by chance he can't help me, I'll do as Bull suggests and just hunt up 'whatever fits' from my bag of extra fasteners...

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

bull

maxwellwedge is right. I Googled Frank Badalson and got this catalog: http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/images/2010_catalog.pdf

KFRB NEW! Correct k-frame to rad support brace for 66-70 b-body. Supplied with
Original mounting hardware
........................................each...$36.50