News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

powdercoating dash

Started by runningman, May 19, 2010, 04:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

I'm getting ready to send out my dash frame to get powdercoated.  I checked out a sample of the stuff they use for the mopar dashes and it looks great.  It's been so long since I took all this stuff apart....is there anything else that needs to be sent off with the dash to get coated??

68blue

I painted mine with the car color from outside. Painted all the vinyl pads and inside plastic parts the same.

PA Dodger

Don't forget the ash tray. While you're at it, the metal strips that run along driver/pass side interior at the headliner. Then there's the metal strip along the interior at the windshield....(assuming '68-70 Charger)

Dan
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

runningman

Forgot about those, it is a 68.  Isn't the ashtray front vinyl?  I'll have to dig it out and see...

Rolling_Thunder

the ashtray front should be vinyl and slide down -  I think about 3/4 through the year they started using the pivoting ones they used in 69
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

runningman

Yeah I have the slide down version on mine.  There is a small section of the metal that is visible but doesn't look like I can get the vinyl off of it to have it coated.  I brought the dash, defrost delete ? cover and glove box hinge to get coated....

PA Dodger

I am planning on powdercoating my dash too. Those are the parts I set aside so far.  Mine is a '69 and has an all metal ashtray. I just assumed they would be the same. Was there an option package that upgraded the ashtray to vinyl? 

Dan

charger2fast4u

Quote from: PA Dodger on May 20, 2010, 09:09:23 PM
Don't forget the ash tray. While you're at it, the metal strips that run along driver/pass side interior at the headliner. Then there's the metal strip along the interior at the windshield....(assuming '68-70 Charger)

Dan

are you talking about the metal strip along the windshield that go's across the top at the mirror

PA Dodger

Yes, that's the one.

Disclaimer: I took the interior out of this car about 10 years ago. So if I'm wrong about that strip being metal it's not because I don't know metal from plastic but because the part has been in storage for 10 years!  :icon_smile_big:

I don't mean to hijack but anyone have a picture of the '68 ashtray setup?

Dan

runningman

Dan,  I'll dig mine out and get a pic.

Matt

b5blue

Quote from: PA Dodger on May 24, 2010, 06:43:22 PM
Yes, that's the one.

Disclaimer: I took the interior out of this car about 10 years ago. So if I'm wrong about that strip being metal it's not because I don't know metal from plastic but because the part has been in storage for 10 years!  :icon_smile_big:

I don't mean to hijack but anyone have a picture of the '68 ashtray setup?

Dan
Yup they are steel! Glad to here things are progressing Matt!  :2thumbs:

69*F5*SE

Matt,  post some pics of where your at in your resto and start your own resto thread.  I'd love to see some pics.  :yesnod:  It sounds like you're getting somewhere.  Wish I could say the same.  Ted

runningman

Thanks guys, I will get some pics when the rest of the stuff gets back from the powdercoater.  For those of you in my area (north of Detroit) the company that is doing my powder coating is called QC coatings at 23 and Schoenherr area and they seem pretty knowledgeable about mopars and what colors and textures to use.  The prices are pretty reasonable also.  I have been working seven days so things are moving slow as usual but they are moving so that's good. :cheers:

69*F5*SE