News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gotta get a 2nd set of wheels. Black steelies it is!.....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, May 18, 2010, 03:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

Yeah, yeah, open question to say the least, but I'm leaning towards plain jane black 15x7 steelies w/my current BFGs.  :scratchchin:

Reason being I'm getting a set of Polyglass tires and they're going on my rallyes, and with a 2nd set of wheels I don't have to swap tires onto wheels all the time. :2thumbs:

Cost is definitely an issue, hence the steelies, but they also look mean, and will go with the hood black outs/white call outs (future add on) and Go-Wing (another future item).

Not to mention that my Charger should have a black vinyl top (and will again some decade). :slap:

So as I'm thinking, black steelies plays into the black and orange thing going on with the car:

Or maybe I'm putting too much thought into it.  :yesnod:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Vainglory, Esq.

QuoteI'm leaning towards plain jane black 15x7 steelies w/my current BFGs.

Do it.

MoparManJim

I say leave it as is.   

Okay, on 2nd thought, Black slotted mags?

tan top

car looks awesome with Rallyes  :drool5:  , but black steel wheels are an awesome choice also i think  :yesnod:  :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chargergirl

Sorry what? The car was far too gorgeous to notice the wheels...wow!
Trust your Woobie!

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on May 18, 2010, 03:21:23 PM

Do it.

But how do you really feel, Vain?  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :icon_smile_big:

The more I think about it, the more steelies are making sense from a financial and visual stand point. :yesnod:

Simple and cheap, sounds like a plan.  :D

Jim: I really want a 2nd set so I don't have to keep swapping the Polyglass tires on and off my rallye rims. With what the Polyglass set costs, they're only going on for shows.

Tan: Thanks, man! :cheers: I'm with you on the steelies.  :coolgleamA:

Chargergirl: She and my fiance' definitely help make up for my plain @$$. :D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

charge69

Black "cop" steelies are a cheap and very nice option for you. Would look very nice on your Charger!

69*F5*SE

I like the steelies also and think they'd look pretty cool with or without the dog dish caps.

Johnny SixPack

Thanks guys!  :cheers: :cheers:

I was thinking that a black wheel with exposed chrome lug nuts would look tough. :coolgleamA:

Plus, my lazy @$$ won't have to worry about keeping the Rallyes polished and pretty.  :D

Not to mention the fiscal sense that comes with my spare wheels being on the budget side.  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_big:
Johnny's Herd:

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: CB on May 19, 2010, 12:57:43 PM
Your car will look sweet with black rims!  :coolgleamA:

Thanks, CB!  :cheers:

I'm hopin' so, 'cause I just ordered a pair of 15x7s & a pair of 15x8s black powder coated steelies. :icon_smile_big:

Thanks a ton to Bull for putting the Specialty Wheel deal together for everyone. :2thumbs:

You the man, Curtis!  :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:

bull

You're welcome. Please post pics of the results asap. :2thumbs:

Are you going to get dog dish caps too?

Johnny SixPack

Will do, Bull.

The Polyglass tires I ordered should be in tomorrow, but the rims won't until sometime around June 10th or so (being made).

Will most definitely post some pix of both combos when I get 'em all swapped around.

I'm really stoked, 'cause it'll almost be like having a new car, but without the need for a mortgage or a new insurance policy.  :D :icon_smile_big:

Johnny's Herd:

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on May 18, 2010, 03:53:22 PM
Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on May 18, 2010, 03:21:23 PM

Do it.

But how do you really feel, Vain?  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :icon_smile_big:

I really like the look of plain steelies on brightly-colored cars.  I think it's an underrated setup, and I'm strongly considering doing it myself for my red car.

Johnny SixPack

Before I decided on them I searched around for pix, and I think it's a sweet set up.

I personally wanted more of an A12 car look, but I saw a sweet Sublime '69 Coronet where the owner had painted the wheels Sublime to match that had me on the fence.

Looked nice with the car's white top.

In theory I could paint the wheels to match at some point in the future when it's time for a new look again.

How's your car coming along, Vain?
Johnny's Herd:

Vainglory, Esq.

Mostly done.  I'll attach a recent picture.

I think you'll be pretty happy with the black wheels setup.  Should look nice.

last426

Here's mine, one with and one without.  To see more go to www.marlia.com. You even get to see my old Bricklin back there. Kim

Johnny SixPack

Vain, your car is lookin' good.  :yesnod:

I wish patience was one of my stronger suits, 'cause I've still got three weeks till the wheels arrive and I'm already dyin' to see what they look like on the car.

-

Thanks for the pix, Kim. :cheers:

The steelies really set your Charger off with a tough look. :yesnod:

Although you could throw trashcan lids on there and that car would still be sweet as. :coolgleamA:

Dig the Bricklin too.  :2thumbs:

It's an interesting bit of automotive history.
Johnny's Herd:

Vainglory, Esq.

A Bricklin is not something you'll see every day.  Pretty cool ride!

last426

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on May 21, 2010, 12:13:55 AM
A Bricklin is not something you'll see every day.  Pretty cool ride!

Bricklins are funny.  They are the only car in my experience that you had about a one in fifty chance of the door not working and actually not getting into the car (unless you did the Bricklin crawl through the hatch back).  Car doors are not usually a device that prevents a person from using the car.  Kim

hemi68charger

Hey Johnny..
Some times you can find good 15x7 steelies at the junkyards if you're not into the cop-style steelies with the holes/openings. I found all 5 of mine at Pick-a-Part on Wallisville Rd. on the East side. They were like $20 to $40 per... Also, you mention putting the go-wing on? How are you going to do that with the luggage rack?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 21, 2010, 07:56:06 AM
Hey Johnny..
Some times you can find good 15x7 steelies at the junkyards if you're not into the cop-style steelies with the holes/openings. I found all 5 of mine at Pick-a-Part on Wallisville Rd. on the East side. They were like $20 to $40 per... Also, you mention putting the go-wing on? How are you going to do that with the luggage rack?

Thanks, Troy.

I went with the Specialty Wheels since they're new and pristine.

Plus with the powder coating, they should stay that way.

As for the Go-Wing idea, I'd be buying another deck lid, and storing the lid with the rack away for shows.
Johnny's Herd: