News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another G-code 68 383/2bbl/4spd for sale

Started by bull, May 16, 2010, 10:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I think this might be the other 1 of 74 G-code 68 I looked at when I was shopping for one six years ago. How many disassembled G-code 68s can there be in Washington? I emailed the guy and he's anything but verbose in his emails so I'm probably not going to get much info.

One of you guys should buy it so we can figure it out: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1741772521.html

Seems like a decent price assuming the work that's been done so far was done right.

"This car can be seen at the spring early ford club swap meet in monroe this weekend.

1968 Dodge Charger 383/4 speed Car - Nearly Rust Free.. Car has been sandblasted and new quarter panels, trunk floor, trunk extensions, outer wheel houses, and front floor pans installed. It's a disassembled and ready for body work and paint. You probably wont find a more solid Charger for this cheap.

What it comes with:
Clean Washington title
2 383 cores, '67 4 bbl motor, '68? motor
Hemi 4 speed and bellhousing
Bucket seat cores
Rear seat
Really nice grille
NEW disc brake conversion kit
Tail lights
Rally gauge cluster
Stainless trim
Door and Quarter glass
Extra dash assembly
Boxes of misc. parts/hardware

What's Missing:
Back glass and wing windows
Interior soft parts
Gas tank
Front valance
Front turn signals
headlight doors
Misc. small parts

Feel free to email or call if you need any other info. Please, serious inquiries only.

The price is A LITTLE negotiable.. I'm open to trade offers, please send a pic if making an offer. Dont bother with junk, I'm not interested. 425-344-7213"

Dans 68

Curtis,

Did the owner tell you it was an original 2-bbl 4-speed car? If you have the vin/tag numbers please throw them my way. If you don't have any numbers let me know and I'll have a go at him.  ;)  Seems like a good price for what he says it is. Do you want to go 50/50 on it?  :D  Maybe extend the offer to all current DC.com members that own one of the 4-speed XP cars.... :scratchchin:   ;D   At the very least go see it and snap a few telling pics.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

bull

Quote from: Dans 68 on May 17, 2010, 02:59:36 AM
Curtis,

Did the owner tell you it was an original 2-bbl 4-speed car? If you have the vin/tag numbers please throw them my way. If you don't have any numbers let me know and I'll have a go at him.  ;)  Seems like a good price for what he says it is. Do you want to go 50/50 on it?  :D  Maybe extend the offer to all current DC.com members that own one of the 4-speed XP cars.... :scratchchin:   ;D   At the very least go see it and snap a few telling pics.

Dan

Let's just say he isn't being very forthcoming with the information. Yes, I did ask for the 5th character in the VIN as well as the complete VIN info and the full response I got from him was "G code" followed by his name and phone number. So no, he didn't tell me it was an original 383/2bbl/4spd car and in his defense I didn't ask him pointedly if it was either. My 2nd email to him was basically a PR move complete with NW Mopar guy name-dropping in an attempt to "loosen him up" so to speak. No response yet but it is the middle of the night on Monday. We'll probably find out later today if it gets me anywhere. If not I'm going to turn the VINQuest solely over to you or we'll tag team him. ;)

And if I were in any kind of position to go 50/50 on it with you I would but right now I don't even think I could go 10/90. :'(

greenpigs

7500....kinda pricey considering the shape. It is a rare combo but I couldn't put all that work into it then have a 2bbl on top the motor. Which, unless you keep it stock appearing it kinda misses the point on the cars uniqueness. :shruggy:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

Quote from: greenpigs on May 17, 2010, 05:50:52 AM
7500....kinda pricey considering the shape. It is a rare combo but I couldn't put all that work into it then have a 2bbl on top the motor. Which, unless you keep it stock appearing it kinda misses the point on the cars uniqueness. :shruggy:

I agree somewhat but assuming he did the metal replacement work right that is a pretty valuable asset. Say for example the car had not had that work done to it already you'd probably be looking at a $5k to $6k price tag anyway. Then you buy the parts and either put them on or pay someone to do it and I'm pretty sure you'd be well over the $7,500 mark in short order.

ACUDANUT

The cars "uniqueness" is that it is a 68 charger with a Big Block. Who cares if you put a 4 barrell on it, that's not "correct".  :Twocents:

Chad L. Magee

I would be interested in knowing the color combo for it, if it is a factory 383-2bbl., 4-speed......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

bull

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on May 17, 2010, 11:27:05 AM
I would be interested in knowing the color combo for it, if it is a factory 383-2bbl., 4-speed......

I agree. That would be a deal breaker/maker to many people IMO. If it's a factory triple black I bet it would be a pretty popular car.

8WHEELER

Yes it was at the Monroe swap meet last weekend. it is STRIPPED. First thing I looked for was a fender tag NONE, but
its possible he has it I never found the owner, but I bet its gone. There were so many different colors here and there
on the car, I could not tell the original color, but I really did not take a real close look to be honest. There has been
one for sale several times in Eastern WA, but this could be the same one, this guy could have bought it to flip it, but
for this price he will not make any money  :shruggy:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Dans 68

With no tag... :scratchchin:...so, if the "hemi" transmission (as he advertised it   :eyes: ) partial vin matches the cars vin then it probably is one of the '68 XP 4-speeds. So who is going to crawl under the car to see...?  :P

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

bull

Did you see a VIN on it at the swap meet Dan?

I bet this the same car I heard about six years ago. I wasn't interested because it was stripped, missing the original engine, etc. And I found one of the 74 closer to home and complete so... no brainer.

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on May 17, 2010, 04:55:09 PM

I am not sure there was a vin tag on the car. Plus I am to short to read vin tags   :slap:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on May 18, 2010, 01:27:21 AM
Quote from: bull on May 17, 2010, 04:55:09 PM

I am not sure there was a vin tag on the car. Plus I am to short to read vin tags   :slap:

Dan

;)