News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GOING TO CARLISLE??? Dodge Charger get together at Carlisle

Started by kamkuda, May 14, 2010, 10:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamkuda

It was a good events,  Thanks to everyone, especially Troy for paying for and organizing the Tent and Table
and to all who helped, provided and attended.  I think it was a good success.
Great to meet our Dutch friends too :2thumbs:

Lets see some pics
:yesnod:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: kamkuda on July 10, 2010, 09:16:11 PM
Lets see some pics
:yesnod:

:2thumbs:  :popcrn:

Since I can't leave my boys alone in the room and join in on the :icon_bs: session in the parking lot I figured I would post a few pics. Didn't end up taking too many as I was busy keeping track of the boys and talking with mom (who came in from a few hrs out to spend time with her boys). It was a lot of fun and certainly nice to put faces to avatars.  :yesnod:

Nice gentleman with a blue 68 a few doors down from the DC.com tent offered to have the boys sit in his 68. What a great gift..  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bakerhillpins

Thanks to all that put forward an effort to make the show, get us eats, and a place to get out from under the sun. It made the whole experience so much easier with a set of 8yr olds...  :cheers:

I think I am being pulled to the dark side, I seem to really like 68's... Oh and the boys are sprung on Super Bees, Air Grabbers, and Superbirds.  :2thumbs:

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

kokxville

Troy,Rob,Ron and the rest of the gang.Thanks for the great time here.We've really enjoyed it very much.You guys are amazing. :2thumbs:
I learned a lot,and it was very nice meeting you guys in person.
If you guys for what reason whatsoever coming to the netherlands,please let me know.

:icon_smile_cool: We'll keep in touch.

John & Marcel
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

resq302

Had a great time chatting and meeting with everyone there.  Can't wait to see the group photo. :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bsakal

Who made the "Cole Slaw"? The one with red peppers in it. It was sooo good!  :drool5:

It was great to see familiar faces and meet new people again.

When I left friday, I had the a/c on in my Newport, and when I pulled into my driveway and shut the car off, antifreeze started leaking out of the cap and overflow.  :flame: Seems like a stuck thermostat, and the temp light never came on. I had no problems the weekend before when I had it out, and it was hotter outside, and I no problems on the ride up. I just got it apart, took the radiator out too, sending it out to get flushed. I hitched a ride back to Carlisle saturday.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

resq302

I think that "cole slaw" that you are talking about was made by Jackie "Donotchallenger".  Im not a big rabbit food person and I must admit, that was pretty good.

I, too, had my share of problems Sat night.  My family and I went out to dinner with the cuda-challenger.com group and when I left the resturaunt heading back to the hotel, I noticed my red brake system light was on.  Checked the parking brake, that was fine, wiggled the pedal, that too didn't make it go off.  I was only about a block away from the hotel so I drove it back and started messing around with it in the parking lot.  Once I pulled off the master cyl. cover, my front reservoir was almost empty and the rear reservoir was to the brim (which it wasn't when I left my house).  Seems that somehow the m/c is internally leaking and transfering fluid from the front tank to the rear tank.  I ended up leaving at 4:30 Am to get home for my wifes B-day today since I missed last years because of the show and luckily there was hardly anyone on the road so I didn't need to use the brakes at all, only on the exit ramps.  I had brakes but I wouldn't really have trusted them if I had to drive 9 hrs like 4cruzin did.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

y3chargerrt

bsakal

Sorry to hear about your troubles Brian, glad you got home ok.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

resq302

Thanks.  Funny thing is when I did my departure check at home, I noticed that the front reservoir was low and the rear one was high.  I really didnt think anything of it and figured that maybe the back shoes may have worn and that I might have over filled the rear reservoir at some point.  Seeing the exact same thing out there with the light on now I knew something was up.  I knew that I had brakes and if anything were to have happened, I would have lost my rear brakes since the reservoir would have gone dry (which thankfully it didnt).  I still would have had 60% of my braking power since the fronts do the majority of the braking and with the disc style brakes in front, I felt confident that they would have been able to stop the car on top of downshifting the manual trans.

On an up note, my parents called me this morning with some good news.  Apparently, I got first place in the 69 Charger stock category!  I knew people were writing down my number  but it really didn't mean much at the time.  Just really suprised that it turned out that way since there were a bunch of nice cars in my class.  Im very humbled that people liked the car.
Brian

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: resq302 on July 11, 2010, 04:57:42 PM
  Apparently, I got first place in the 69 Charger stock category! 

You're welcome..... :angel:

It was great seeing some of you again & thanks Rob for the burger! (and whoever else contributed)   :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Tilar

Here are a couple quick shots.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

resq302

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 11, 2010, 05:27:16 PM

It was great seeing some of you again & thanks Rob for the burger! (and whoever else contributed)   :cheers:

Thank you Chris and anyone else who voted for me. :cheers:  I went to have a good time which I accomplished quite well courtesy of a bunch of friends.  Having my parents come home with a little something extra for me was just a nice suprise.
Brian

72chargerSE

Hello! I just wanted to mention how much I appreciated hanging out with all of you that attended Carlisle!! I have been going to Carlisle for over 15 years...this year I went with my brother TUFCAT and our dad...we had a great time!!!!

The lunch was wonderful and the people I met were awesome!!!!

Thanks again!

Mike

AKcharger

Here's a few, ast one is the fair grounds at 6pm Sun... :'( see ya' next year!

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bsakal on July 11, 2010, 02:27:18 PM
Who made the "Cole Slaw"? The one with red peppers in it. It was sooo good!  :drool5:

It was great to see familiar faces and meet new people again.

When I left friday, I had the a/c on in my Newport, and when I pulled into my driveway and shut the car off, antifreeze started leaking out of the cap and overflow.  :flame: Seems like a stuck thermostat, and the temp light never came on. I had no problems the weekend before when I had it out, and it was hotter outside, and I no problems on the ride up. I just got it apart, took the radiator out too, sending it out to get flushed. I hitched a ride back to Carlisle saturday.
That would be me that made the confetti cole slaw. For all the members that want the recipe, send me a pm. It was great meeting everyone.  :cheers: Drunkcat, Shelby told me about your " List "  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'll post up my pics tomorrow.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 72chargerSE on July 11, 2010, 07:07:01 PM
Hello! I just wanted to mention how much I appreciated hanging out with all of you that attended Carlisle!! I have been going to Carlisle for over 15 years...this year I went with my brother TUFCAT and our dad...we had a great time!!!!

The lunch was wonderful and the people I met were awesome!!!!

Thanks again!

Mike

What he said!  :yesnod: Except this was our first year. You will all have to forgive me for being slightly anti-social. I was concentrating on the family and I didn't get a chance to really get involved in conversation with you all at lunch and after hours.

Brian - Thanks so much for the sno-cones!!!!!!!!!! The boys, and myself, enjoyed them and they really helped keep the heat off. Congratulations on your trophy!  :2thumbs:

Everyone (Ron/Rob/Troy/Mike/Tuff/Jackie... and all those I missed.) thanks! Looking forward to next year!
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

resq302

Brian

kamkuda

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 12, 2010, 05:49:52 AM

What he said!  :yesnod: Except this was our first year. You will all have to forgive me for being slightly anti-social. I was concentrating on the family and I didn't get a chance to really get involved in conversation with you all at lunch and after hours.

Brian - Thanks so much for the sno-cones!!!!!!!!!! The boys, and myself, enjoyed them and they really helped keep the heat off. Congratulations on your trophy!  :2thumbs:

Everyone (Ron/Rob/Troy/Mike/Tuff/Jackie... and all those I missed.) thanks! Looking forward to next year!

Your kids were awesome, All the kids at the tent were so well behaved and good fun.

71Challengeher,  Your salad was a hit,  I loved it too

When I was leaving, I said, to one of the kids, Have a fun day... He replied,  You have a fun day too, But he sounded and looked, so professional, so adult that it was funny. I guess you had to be there, because we talked about it several time. what a great kid.  I wish I brought my 6 year old.  He would have loved the Burn Out Contest

71ChallengeHer

Kamkuda, Thanks for putting this all together. It was fun to meet everyone. I guess I know what I'm making next year.  :cheers:

dodgert68

Just wanted to say it was pleasure meeting everyone from here. I'm at alot of shows that are all makes and by far Mopar people are the best :2thumbs:!! Thanks to everyone for contributing to a great lunch what spread we had. I hope everyone got a chance to come to T building and see the Make a Wish Charger. Hopefully i can make the show next year i have 3 years in row now i don't want to break a tradition.

TUFCAT

bakerhillpins

:yesnod: +1

Great looking car indeed! Glad that you were able to get it to and from the show.

Quote from: kamkuda on July 12, 2010, 10:13:29 AM
Your kids were awesome, All the kids at the tent were so well behaved and good fun.

As a parent it's wonderful to hear. I am so happy that they made a good impression as their mother and I try very hard to make that happen. Ill be sure to let them know you noticed.  :2thumbs:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

resq302

I agree.  Your kids were extremely polite, saying please and thank you.  I have to keep reminding my 3 1/2 yr old daughter to say those things.  I forget how many times they actually came up and thanked me for the snow cones.
Brian

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 11, 2010, 05:27:16 PM

Chris, you always think of others before yourself. Top notch in my book.  :D  :cheers:

What a TERRIFIC show. I cannot remember a better time at Carlisle than this year's event. Great seeing everyone, and thank you for some great food. Looking forward to next year already!

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce