News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Super Bee sign, Road Runner sign,...Charger R/T and Charger is next.

Started by LeesRT, May 11, 2010, 07:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeesRT

Wood signs I've been making at work.

jb666

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Real nice, can't wait to see the Charger.  Will it be the ever so loved 69 version?  Will any be for sale?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

rp23g7

LeesRT

Yes, these are for sale.  So far we (the company I work for) are charging $50.00ea. plus shipping.  They will come bare so you would have to paint or finish them.  I will radius the outer edges and do a contour sand to take most of the fuzz off the plywood.  As for the Charger one.  I'm sure I will do one that says 1969 Charger R/T, since that is what I have, but I am planning on doing a generic one that says CHARGER in the script like the emblem, one that says Charger R/T with no year, and I will take requests for other years to add to any of the one I mentioned.  I will eventually do a 69 Charger silhouette of the car itself as well.  I already have the image to use, but that will be in about one to two months for the car body silhouette.  I also have a Demon logo that I can clean up and use.  Are there any requests for a particular car?  If there is enough interest, I'm willing to do just about any car logo.  Let me know.

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bull

LeesRT

Yes, CNC router machined it.  I used an new carving software to get the sharp edges, corners, and 3D depth.  The logos I have painstakingly cleaned up from images I've found here and there.  That's probably the hardest part...cleaning up logos so they look nice and machine easy.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: LeesRT on May 11, 2010, 10:50:49 PM
Yes, these are for sale.  So far we (the company I work for) are charging $50.00ea. plus shipping.  They will come bare so you would have to paint or finish them.  I will radius the outer edges and do a contour sand to take most of the fuzz off the plywood.  As for the Charger one.  I'm sure I will do one that says 1969 Charger R/T, since that is what I have, but I am planning on doing a generic one that says CHARGER in the script like the emblem, one that says Charger R/T with no year, and I will take requests for other years to add to any of the one I mentioned.  I will eventually do a 69 Charger silhouette of the car itself as well.  I already have the image to use, but that will be in about one to two months for the car body silhouette.  I also have a Demon logo that I can clean up and use.  Are there any requests for a particular car?  If there is enough interest, I'm willing to do just about any car logo.  Let me know.
Hey when you do the 69 any chance it will be an aggressive front or 3/4 angle ( kind like my avatar ) and not just a side view?
Important question.  What is the size?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

I'd like to suggest you do one like DC.coms' logo.. where ever that is..  :shruggy:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Neal_J

Very cool. 

Two questions:  (1) size? and (2) can you use wood other than plywood?

Interested Neal

LeesRT

1.  I've had a request for a Daytona / Superbird sign...so yes, I will be doing the Daytona at some point.
2.  Size of the Super Bee sign...23" in diameter.
3.  Size of the Road Runner sign...12" x 20".
4.  Did a 1969 Charger R/T logo sign today...12" x 20" on MDF.  I'll post a pic of this one when I get home tonight.
5.  These can be done in any wood, plywood, plastic, etc.  The plywood ones are cheap since they are scrap.  The MDF one I ran today is very clean.  Next is to coat the MDF one in white paint to seal the MDF and then color can be added.

rp23g7

Quote from: LeesRT on May 12, 2010, 03:29:12 PM
1.  I've had a request for a Daytona / Superbird sign...so yes, I will be doing the Daytona at some point.
2.  Size of the Super Bee sign...23" in diameter.
3.  Size of the Road Runner sign...12" x 20".
4.  Did a 1969 Charger R/T logo sign today...12" x 20" on MDF.  I'll post a pic of this one when I get home tonight.
5.  These can be done in any wood, plywood, plastic, etc.  The plywood ones are cheap since they are scrap.  The MDF one I ran today is very clean.  Next is to coat the MDF one in white paint to seal the MDF and then color can be added.

Sweet

LeesRT

OK, here is the 1969 Charger R/T logo I did today.  It seems a little bland on the sign so I may ad some sort of texture or other Charger images in the sign to fill it up.  I'll work on it.  At least for now you can see the Charger logo, R/T logo, and a sign in MDF.  If you prefer your sign in MDF, that's ok too.  MDF will probably paint a little easier and the surface will be more consistent.  See pics below.

LeesRT

more

rp23g7

69*F5*SE

41husk

please let me know when you do the Daytona sign.  I will buy the Bee and Daytona in plywood.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hey Lee, long time man.  Signs look cool.  Might I suggest the "1969" font found on the year of manufacture license plates?

I still have these bad boys you made....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

LeesRT

I will look into that font.  You don't happen to know what it is do you?  Or, if you have a sample of one in mind, post it or send it to me and I can change it.

As for what I did today...

I've got more coming.  Showing tonight is the Road Runner sign in Balitc Birch plywood which is what I'm going to use for the people that ordered theirs in plywood.  They look much nicer.  Also shown below is the design for the GTX logo (1969) vintage so far.  Your input is greatly appreciated.  The background is the United States flag 3D around the 1969 Plymouth GTX logo.  I thought about using diamond plate background, a scoop carved background, any other requests?  I'm still working on the 71 Plymouth GTX logo, the Daytona and Superbird Logos, and I'm going to add a 69 Charger image to the 69 Charger R/T sign. 

Something else I'm thinking of dabbling in...let's see if you guys might be interested.  I'm thinking of taking this same logo idea and carving them on the top of blank Aluminum valve covers for your car.  That's what I plan to do with my 440 that I'm building right now.  It will be a while before the valve covers are ready, but are there other that might be interested in something like this as well?  Let me know.