News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Our Club (CCC) is known to the stars of "Christine"

Started by Cooter, May 06, 2010, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Thought you guys might get a kick outta this, I know we Surely DID!

As many of you already know this past weekend  John Carpenter and the cast of Christine reunited for a meet and greet at the Texas Frightmare weekend in Dallas. After receiveing an excusive invitiation the CCC joined forces with the event coordinator and assisted in the event. Chuck aka "Evil_Fury", Bill Gibson and a number of other CCC members attended the event and represented the best of the CCC and the members of our beloved club. What happened there for our club is nothing less than legendary. They met all the cast privately and to our surprise Keith Gordon, Alexandra Paul and John Stockwell had already heard of the CCC and were very happy to say hello to the club. John Carpenter and all the cast were also happy to do video shout-outs and extend their best wishes to you all. Hundreds of people stood in line for the event daily and our team was extremely fortunate to be invited to spend the entire weekend with VIP passes. Each and every one of the stars enjoyed the event and took part in a panel type discussion for the general public and strangely went out of their way to spend time with Chuck and talk about the club. As the event wound down Keith Gordon stayed behind signing a few last minute autographs and started talking to Chuck about the CCC. Keith was really interested in the club and what we are all about. He was very impressed with all that we do and asked how we would feel about him joining the CCC. Blown away Chuck humbly welcomed him for all of us and explained that we would be honored if he felt so compelled to join us. :shock:  He then asked Chuck if we would be interested in him doing a private interview and Q&A session here on the board for our members. :o  Chuck accepted Keith's idea as gratiously as someone in that kind of situation ever could. As they prepared to part ways Keith gave him his private contact information.

This historic event for the Club goes beyond words. . It will be a few days until the video's are ready so until then here are some pictures!!

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

66FBCharger

Cooter,
Really cool! What does CCC stand for? Can you please tell us who is who in the photos? I saw the movie and loved it. I don't recognize the people (probably because everyone has aged).
Thanks,
John
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

66FBCharger

Thanks.
Now that I study their faces a little better, I recognize who they are.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Khyron

well damnit! who are they! :nana:

the original actors? I think i see it in the eyes...

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

1BAD68

They all look like hell, but Buddy Reperton still looks like a bada@#!

41husk

The guy with the beard is the guy who bought Christine and became possesed.   :scratchchin: After reading this thread, i'm gonna have to put the movie in :popcrn:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

oldrock

that is very cool! It has been so long since I've seen that movie... gonna have to add it to my que and watch it again.

Cooter

The "Little" guy that is balding is Keith Gordon AKA Arnie Cuttingham, Of course, the Bigger guy is the ultimate Badass Bill Ostrander AKA Buddy Repperton, Of course, the female is ALexandra Paul AKA Liegh Cabott, the older guy with white hair is John Carpenter, and last would be the high school jock himself John Stockwell talking to A. Paul in front of Christine, AKA Dennis Guilder ...

tan top

intresting stuff  :coolgleamA: took me a while to figure out who was who , before you mentioned it Cooter
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

200MPH

great photos  its nice to see the cast still alive ! :2thumbs:
Charger

vancamp

Arnies Bald :o cool pics would have like to been there. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Khyron

Quote from: vancamp on May 06, 2010, 07:51:10 PM
Arnies Bald :o cool pics would have like to been there. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

thats what happenes when Christine is done with you.... all women make us pull our hair out ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RallyeMike

Wow. Time flies. The only ones I would recognize are Axendra and John Carpenter.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

SFRT

great flick. my favorite guy in it was the old scumbag that ran the garage. I notice Harry Dean Stanton didnt bother to show up.

who owns the Fury?
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mike DC

Wow that is cool. 

Keith Gordon had some amusing stories to tell in the DVD clips on Jaws#2. 

Upon seeing John Stockwell I always think "Hey, it's Cougar!" 

John Carpenter . . .  I could probably sit around asking that guy stuff about his movies for hours. 

Cooter

Quote from: SFRT on May 06, 2010, 11:56:31 PM
great flick. my favorite guy in it was the old scumbag that ran the garage. I notice Harry Dean Stanton didnt bother to show up.

who owns the Fury?

You would be talking about Robert Proski R.I.P. AKA Will Darnell...
"Well, don't think about it too long or I'll throw 'ya out on yer f*ckin' ass!"

The car is THE ACTUAL one that was one of the two cars that survived and is the car that hit the Camaro at the gas station...It's nickname is "Camaro killer"...It is owned by A fellow named Bill Gibson out of Florida..He tours around displaying Christine at shows and what not..

1BAD68

Does anyone know what happened to Buddy's Camaro?
I know it was pretty much destroyed in the movie but usually that have more than one for shooting.

694spdRT

Did you ask Dennis what he did with his '68 Charger?  ;)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

PocketThunder

Quote from: 694spdRT on May 07, 2010, 08:48:40 AM
Did you ask Dennis what he did with his '68 Charger?  ;)

Ya, c'mon let get to the important question!   :icon_smile_big:   :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Cooter

"Dennis" was the only one out of the bunch that didn't seem to be all that happy to be there from what I heard..No, the Charger is MIA...

694spdRT

Quote from: Cooter on May 07, 2010, 11:14:52 AM
"Dennis" was the only one out of the bunch that didn't seem to be all that happy to be there from what I heard..No, the Charger is MIA...

Well, I wouldn't be too happy if my Charger was MIA either.  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Cooter on May 07, 2010, 11:14:52 AM

Is it just me or does Dennis look like he's been on the "sauce" for a while?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Daytona R/T SE

I'd have been asking "Liegh " if she wanted to hop in the car and re-enact the drive-in movie scene.  :2thumbs:

...At least the pre-choking part... :coolgleamA:

bull

Ever since Christine came out I've wondered if Carpenter is a bit of a Mopar guy. I realize he went with what King wrote but he really didn't have to.

Mike DC

The car being a Plymouth "Fury" probably had something to do with the choice.  And the fact that it was not very common (for the late 70s/early 80s) might have helped the story too, because fewer people in the crowd would have ever owned quite the same car.

Steven King was correct enough in the novel to say that the car was supposed to be beige, but Christine's original owner had the car painted bright red.   

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 09, 2010, 11:06:59 PM

The car being a Plymouth "Fury" probably had something to do with the choice.  And the fact that it was not very common (for the late 70s/early 80s) might have helped the story too, because fewer people in the crowd would have ever owned quite the same car.

Steven King was correct enough in the novel to say that the car was supposed to be beige, but Christine's original owner had the car painted bright red.   

IIRC Dennis had a Dart in King's book but Carpenter went with the Charger instead. It could have been a Mustang or a Chevelle or whatever but he stuck to the Mopar theme. And although I'm not overjoyed that they crushed a classic Camaro in the movie I was happy to see that a movie Charger survived relatively unscathed for once.

More useless info I didn't know: Christine made a cameo in Stephen King's 1986 novel IT and Cat's Eye, sent by Pennywise to help Henry Bowers murder Eddie Kaspbrak. The car was also seen in The Stand. A Quantum Leap (TV series) episode has Sam Beckett driving Christine, along with his friend, a young Stephen King.

GL#10

Cooter

Thanks for posting the pics  ,  id still like to see a sequel to this  movie  ,  the end scene with the twisting part of the grille ,left it open for a sequel .
  On another note any one got a set of Bumper wings  , need them for my Christine !!.

K.c

Bob T

Hey , great pics Cooter, thanks for posting. Would've been a blast being there and talking to the people involved. I recognised Arnie & Buddy but had to read the rest of it, will have to get it out of the dvd shop this weekend , have'nt seen it for years. Top movie.

A friend of mine around the road away has a cool old 58 with dual quads in original condition and his dad has a beautiful restored 59, both awesome cars for different reasons. will put up a couple of pics after the next run. Went to a party at their pad the other friday night and jeeez, lots of finned car came out , guys that didnt have their cars there bought "in progress " pics. A lot of them even look like they are living in the late 50s & 60's with big sidies & hair all slicked back and some of the girls were done in 50's fashions with hair all up and tatts. and the music all night was r n r & rockabilly  :lol:. I parked the 68 at the front and it just looked small without any fins .Top night.

Cheers
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

GATOR MC KLUSKY

Buddy Rapperton rules!!!! The coolest ever! A real idiot, but has style! ;-)

Who is he in the pictures? What does he wear?

1BAD68

Cooter

I can hardly even believe this one.....Keith Gordon AKA "Arnie Cuttingham" has joined the club (CCC) and posting on the board....

BB1

Delete my profile