News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Mopar Hotwheels, Superbird, '69 & '67 Charger, Roadrunner, GTX

Started by SeattleCharger, December 13, 2005, 06:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 14, 2006, 10:11:44 PM
Quote from: Shakey on December 14, 2005, 09:12:37 PM
Took the plastic models I built and put them by the burner on the stove - soften up the plastic and mold them into "wrecks".  I was real creative, er destructive, when I was a youngster!
  I used to tape a whistling Pete on top and have "Jet Cars"...  They melted pretty good too... 

My brother and I used to take our model cars and put smoke bombs under the hood, that looked cool, had a tendency to melt the engine compartment where the smoke/small flame shot out, caught it on fire, looked like a real engine fire,  :icon_smile_cool:,  or a good old fire cracker under the hood or in the car. 

Now my brother is a fireman and gets to put out engine fires in real life, you know, like some guy is freakin out over the fire hurting his new car, so my brother takes out the big saw and cuts up the hood to get it open to put out the fire and the guy is so appreciative, thanks man, oh thanks man.  The hood is all cut up and the engine is burned, but the guy is somehow all happy that my brother did that.  I guess adrenaline can mess up reasoning a little.   :shruggy: My brother says it is fun.   :rotz:   

SeattleCharger

Wow, I can't believe I am buying all these cars, oh well, found these today at a Rite-Aid store.  I like the decals on the '70 Roadrunner.  Says 440-6 on each stripe on the hood, says Roadrunner on the white stripe on the sides, and the 440 on the rear quarter.  I like the stance of the car too and the redline tires. 
Good paint job.  #9 of 25 in the series.

TheGhost

If anyone finds an extra one of these Dart's, I'd be interested in it.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 69_500 on February 05, 2006, 12:16:30 PM
Figured I'd put an update on this thread instead of starting a new one.

The Limegreen Superbirds are available in 4 different rims now. Also there is a LemonTwist Yellow Superbird available from HotWheels. Both cars are number 001 on the top and listed as 1 of 38 for the year 2006.

If anyone has extra LemonTwist Yellow Superbirds I'd be interested in them, haven't found any yet, I'll keep looking now and then, thank you, Nate

69_500

I bought 4 of the Lemon Twist Superbirds. There was 11 more at the store but I couldn't talk the wife into letting me get all 15 of them.

8WHEELER

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on February 10, 2006, 12:00:49 AM

The Limegreen Superbirds are available in 4 different rims now. Also there is a LemonTwist Yellow Superbird available from HotWheels. Both cars are number 001 on the top and listed as 1 of 38 for the year 2006.

If anyone has extra LemonTwist Yellow Superbirds I'd be interested in them, haven't found any yet, I'll keep looking now and then, thank you, Nate

Hey Nate
Have you found anymore of these blue 69's?? I have only found the Silver one, and are about to give up. Also are there
different versions of the wheels like on the Green Superbirds??

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

8WHEELER

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 15, 2006, 05:09:06 PM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 14, 2006, 01:36:13 PM

Also, found these orange '69 R/T ProRodz, pretty cool.    Can't wait for a Mopar car show, take pics of real Chargers. 

Mmm.....orange!!!   I have the purple & green ones in that model

Hey Chris
Here is the orange one you need, it evan has the 440 call-outs on the hood  ;D  there is one on ebay now, rare cars.

Dan

Just 6T9 CHGR

I already have one Dan! :cool:
Thats the one I was questioning Hot Wheels about their "inspiration" for the 440 call outs on a 69..........supposedly the designer "does not recall" where he seen that idea before.........

Oh well, some recognition would have been nice :)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

How much is that orange 69 bid up to on ebay. I did a search for it, and must have overlooked it with the 200 hits I got on a search for 69 Charger.

I have only seen one set of rims on the Yellow Superbird so far. I'm sure there is 3 different ones though. As far as the 69 Charger goes, I have only noticed one set of rims, but 2 different paint jobs. One has the silver flames, and one is minus the flames.

8WHEELER

Quote from: 69_500 on February 11, 2006, 08:00:33 AM
How much is that orange 69 bid up to on ebay. I did a search for it, and must have overlooked it with the 200 hits I got on a search for 69 Charger.

I have only seen one set of rims on the Yellow Superbird so far. I'm sure there is 3 different ones though. As far as the 69 Charger goes, I have only noticed one set of rims, but 2 different paint jobs. One has the silver flames, and one is minus the flames.

Here is one, I paid less than this for mine, they are not cheap because they were never in stores.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Wheels-RLC-Neo-Classics-1969-Dodge-Charger_W0QQitemZ7006752726QQcategoryZ45352QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dan

8WHEELER

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 11, 2006, 06:34:06 AM
I already have one Dan! :cool:
Thats the one I was questioning Hot Wheels about their "inspiration" for the 440 call outs on a 69..........supposedly the designer "does not recall" where he seen that idea before.........

Oh well, some recognition would have been nice :)

Now it just needs a vinyl top right   :yesnod: :yesnod: 

Dan

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 69_500 on February 10, 2006, 05:25:19 PM
I bought 4 of the Lemon Twist Superbirds. There was 11 more at the store but I couldn't talk the wife into letting me get all 15 of them.

Aww, bummer.  I am interested in all of them, thx, they stock 15 in your store, and none in any store around here, someone in shipping is too lazy to seperate them or something,  ???, oh well, that is part of the thing of collecting them I guess, some people get different ones, I should be happy with all the ones I have found. 

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on February 10, 2006, 09:25:55 PM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on February 10, 2006, 12:00:49 AM

Hey Nate
Have you found anymore of these blue 69's?? I have only found the Silver one, and are about to give up. Also are there
different versions of the wheels like on the Green Superbirds??

Dan

Hey Dan, I haven't seen those for a while, but when I did see em around I bought a bunch of them, they all have the same rims, let me know if you want one of them, no problem.  Did you find any silver UltraHot Chargers yet?   I have only one purple one still, but a bunch of silver ones if you want one let me know.

Nate

inhrmswy

Yesterday at a model train show I picked up a 99 concept charger in metalic red, a 69 runner in metalic blue with white stripe and call outs, and a red 67 charger.  paid 8 bucks for all three of them, a little high but I wanted them.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: inhrmswy on February 12, 2006, 05:50:51 PM
Yesterday at a model train show I picked up a 99 concept charger in metalic red, a 69 runner in metalic blue with white stripe and call outs, and a red 67 charger.  paid 8 bucks for all three of them, a little high but I wanted them.

So those cars were from a private party?  Were they older models?  Sounds like a good deal.

SeattleCharger

Picked these up Monday at Northgate or Lynwood Target.   

SeattleCharger

Finally found the yellow Superbird!  Haven't seen this one before, was curious what it looked like.   I like it!   Black headlight cover paint and black roof looks cool. 

- Sorry for the reposts of cars I already showed.  These ones are new.

mustanghater

some cars are only available in certain areas but once in awhile they send them to others. My grandpa had a gas station back in the 70's and he has buckets full of the yellow shell gas station cars. he was also a collector till he had his stroke.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

8WHEELER

Since this thread is back up near the top, has everybody seen these new remote controle 69 charger 500?
They are 1/18 size, and come with a clear hood and a regular hood in front of the car in the box.
The only thing I don't care for are the wheels  :o :o  Toys Rus

Dan

8WHEELER

I was also was able to find the new 1/18 scale Red 68 RT Charger, and the new Blue 68 Roadrunner, I have been
waiting for the 68 roadrunner to come out for years  ;D  oh and a Blue Daytona  ;D

Dan

SeattleCharger

Those are great.   I gotta get the '68 one.  Seems every Charger Hotwheel or 1/18 car is always a '69.   Did you get the '68 at Toys R Us? 

I noticed on the box of the Daytona it says one of 500?    Five hundred total made in the world?  What are the odds of me finding one at a store?   Or is that an ebay item.

8WHEELER

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on February 18, 2006, 02:14:32 AM
Those are great.   I gotta get the '68 one.  Seems every Charger Hotwheel or 1/18 car is always a '69.   Did you get the '68 at Toys R Us? 

I noticed on the box of the Daytona it says one of 500?    Five hundred total made in the world?  What are the odds of me finding one at a store?   Or is that an ebay item.

The Daytona was never in stores, I bought it from a diecast only seller, very hard to evan find. I have at least 8
different 68 chargers in 1/18 scale. They are in the middle of this picture, yes my room is a mess and this was
taken 2yrs ago, I have bought many more since then.

I did buy about 1/2 of the 68's at the store, but at least 3 of them were never in the stores they were low
production cars. I have also changed the hub cap rims and put magnums on them from other cars  ;D
These cars have not been in stores for several years.

Dan

SeattleCharger

You have one serious collection there Dan.  Very nice.   Love the '68's.     Since I now seem to be somewhat addicted to buying the 1/64 scale cars as a beginner, I can't get into those, they just cost too much $ for me.  But I would buy one '68 at least, sometime. 

Here are a few Johnny Lightning 1/64 Mopar cars I found this evening. 

First one:   '69 Superbee 440, has the bee on the stripe on back quarter and says six pack on the hood scoop.  Nice detailing of grill and rear lights.