News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how would you handle this?

Started by HKCharger, May 04, 2010, 05:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

the Migs in really good shape, i keep it hangered in Nigeria. it is trully effin CHERRY shape.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HKCharger

well that is good, I have no use for it. Sure, call me a finicky tire kicker, thats fine. I accept that fact. Crack all the jokes you feel you need to-get it out of your system. I am being an adult and keeping things civil as they should be.

SFRT

are you sure? its the rare 'Minsk 500' model!
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HKCharger

Quote from: SFRT on May 06, 2010, 04:00:34 PM
are you sure? its the rare 'Minsk 500' model!

positive, thanks for the offer though.

472 R/T SE

Oh my!  A finicky tire kicker???  C'mon.

Is that what you call it?  I guess in your eyes you've never done anything wrong?

We have a different name for it.

HKCharger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 06, 2010, 04:04:21 PM
Oh my!  A finicky tire kicker???  C'mon.

Is that what you call it?  I guess in your eyes you've never done anything wrong?

We have a different name for it.

well good, to each his own.

Was I in the past interested in a lot of cars? Yes. Did I end up buying a few different cars? Yes.

Yes, should I looking back have made up my mind before expressing that serious interest to buy? Yes. What's done is done, I cannot change the past, I can only do the best thing going forward.

As in this situation- I just want the right thing done in resolution- and I think we are at that juncture.

twodko

Frank, you got a real Minsk 500? Whaddya askin' for it? Does it come with "go boom" toys?

I don't waste my time on other sites because DodgeCharger.com is populated with people I want to associate, talk, share and become buddies with. This thread has gotten way out of hand......an offer was made and accepted. Lets leave it and move on to all the things we love about this board. IMO our moderators are kings of patience, were it me I'd have locked this thread and bounced the unhappy soul who began this nonsense. Thankfully mature, reasonable and cooler heads have prevailed over the tit for tat high school pissing match this degenerated into.

I appreciate the voices of reason and reality expressed on this subject.........Thanks guys!

Frank, 472 R/T SE, Khyron you're all assholes.....and you and you and you and you and you! Damn, I'm funny.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

HKCharger

Quote from: twodko on May 06, 2010, 05:02:21 PM
Frank, you got a real Minsk 500? Whaddya askin' for it? Does it come with "go boom" toys?

I don't waste my time on other sites because DodgeCharger.com is populated with people I want to associate, talk, share and become buddies with. This thread has gotten way out of hand......an offer was made and accepted. Lets leave it and move on to all the things we love about this board. IMO our moderators are kings of patience, were it me I'd have locked this thread and bounced the unhappy soul who began this nonsense. Thankfully mature, reasonable and cooler heads have prevailed over the tit for tat high school pissing match this degenerated into.

I appreciate the voices of reason and reality expressed on this subject.........Thanks guys!

Frank, 472 R/T SE, Khyron you're all assholes.....and you and you and you and you and you! Damn, I'm funny.

Tom

I will respectfully disagree- I have done nothing to deserve getting "bounced" for Tom.

It was a legitimate concern that i wanted input on-received it, came to a resolution with the other party and hopefully this issue is solved.

bull

Quote from: HKCharger on May 06, 2010, 12:15:36 PM
This is getting no where, im done.

It says here you were done, like, six hours ago. You should have went with that plan.

HKCharger

Quote from: bull on May 06, 2010, 05:45:39 PM
Quote from: HKCharger on May 06, 2010, 12:15:36 PM
This is getting no where, im done.

It says here you were done, like, six hours ago. You should have went with that plan.

well Im waiting on a flight which is delayed again so im bored.

AKcharger

I would have just thought they mixed up all the parts on accident, an honest mistake :)

ZSmithersCharges

This is hilarious.  I'm glad you ended up buying something, sorry for you luck but dude... you might need therapy.  That's all I'm gonna say.  Thanks for the laughs though.

68X426

Quote from: 68X426 on May 05, 2010, 12:57:41 AM
Quote from: HKCharger on May 04, 2010, 11:27:32 PM

So I'm sitting here pondering what to do.

Hey HKCharger, you got law in Texas. I'm sure you do. So, how do I say this politely . . . . . .

IT'S A CRIME. YOU ARE THE VICTIM OF FRAUD. GO SEE THE LAW AND FILE COMPLAINTS. DISTRICT ATTORNEYS LOVE HIGH VISABILITY CASES LIKE THIS. CALL THE LAW. PLEASE.
:brickwall:

This is all too funny. I've been gone a whole day and look at how this classroom has been turned upside down. :lol:

So HK Runner Dude, I think I know why you didn't go to the law in Texas. You couldn't find a way to sell your story to the DA.  :smilielol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

HKCharger

Quote from: 68X426 on May 06, 2010, 09:01:37 PM
Quote from: 68X426 on May 05, 2010, 12:57:41 AM
Quote from: HKCharger on May 04, 2010, 11:27:32 PM

So I'm sitting here pondering what to do.

Hey HKCharger, you got law in Texas. I'm sure you do. So, how do I say this politely . . . . . .

IT'S A CRIME. YOU ARE THE VICTIM OF FRAUD. GO SEE THE LAW AND FILE COMPLAINTS. DISTRICT ATTORNEYS LOVE HIGH VISABILITY CASES LIKE THIS. CALL THE LAW. PLEASE.
:brickwall:

This is all too funny. I've been gone a whole day and look at how this classroom has been turned upside down. :lol:

So HK Runner Dude, I think I know why you didn't go to the law in Texas. You couldn't find a way to sell your story to the DA.  :smilielol:

no need for story, facts have been posted we will agree on the money refund and parts returned and hopefully move on.

Khyron

Quote from: twodko on May 06, 2010, 05:02:21 PM

Tom

my god, I hope your not just figuring out I'm an asshole.. and you say you come here because of the way other sites are, yet you say you would Nazi mod this place to death..... I read both threads... yes moparts had more in it but no more "Facts" the dude runs a hack shop and SHOULD be called out on it... if we had more mods like you then this place would be full of the good and none of the bad. So more people can be taken advantage of. Do I and others add some fuel to the fire to spice up a thread. Yes, Does that make us assholes.... ummmmmmm maybe instigators.... I do believe that there should be some limits to the ol freedom of speech thing, but not at the expense of people getting screwed...

and naaa, your not funny, at least not on this post .... I'm the funny one in this thread :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Khyron on May 06, 2010, 09:56:51 PM
my god, I hope your not just figuring out I'm an asshole.. and you say you come here because of the way other sites are, yet you say you would Nazi mod this place to death..... I read both threads... yes moparts had more in it but no more "Facts" the dude runs a hack shop and SHOULD be called out on it... if we had more mods like you then this place would be full of the good and none of the bad. So more people can be taken advantage of. Do I and others add some fuel to the fire to spice up a thread. Yes, Does that make us assholes.... ummmmmmm maybe instigators.... I do believe that there should be some limits to the ol freedom of speech thing, but not at the expense of people getting screwed...

and naaa, your not funny, at least not on this post .... I'm the funny one in this thread :nana:

Despite the victim's reputations as a tirekicker and compulsive liar.  I agree with you here(no sarcasm).  The bad things need to be shown, I even believe the mods should let the two talk over the forum publicly to display how he handles the situation on a personal level!  It gives you an idea of the persons character, and sometimes if the vendor does not have a good character, well it gives you a good show too  :lol: Other than that it shows you how NOT to act as a seller and representative of our industry.  I am all for public settlements, if nothing else it definitely airs out the dirty laundry.  So one last time, I agree with you.  If we locked and deleted this thread when it became apparent that someone was ripped off(even if he is a douchebag) than others(who may not be douchebags) are left defenseless.  I don't understand the other guys logic, so other guy feel free to comment back at this if you want. I know I replied to khryon but this is sort of bidirectional.  I'm sure there is a reason for you wanting to lock and or delete this so please indulge me.  Would you just lock it until there is an outcome and then let the original poster explain the settlement or would you delete it entirely?  I am apposed to both for the record.

Mike Miller

The reason I have refused to get into it over here with him is because I am not chasing him all over the message boards trying to defend myself. He is a proven liar.... I can show the emails and posts that prove it.

I publicly acknowledged the mistakes that were made and even explained them in detail. Accept it as the truth or not..... your decision. But why would you believe someone that is a known liar (from other message boards and here) and not the other person. Why is the customer always "the victim"? He has his parts back and a refund. 

I am not worried about him..... he is what someone else called him on this board,  a douchebag.

He would rather spout off to an audience on a message board than talk to the person he is accusing. Not once has this yo-yo called me. If you are going to accuse someone of something at least be man enough to face him or talk to him.

For Khyron.... "the dude runs a hack shop and SHOULD be called out on it"   You get that all from reading a liars posts? Why don't you come visit my shop some time. I will show you it is not a hack shop.

HKCharger

Quote from: Mike Miller on May 07, 2010, 07:57:16 AM
The reason I have refused to get into it over here with him is because I am not chasing him all over the message boards trying to defend myself. He is a proven liar.... I can show the emails and posts that prove it.

I publicly acknowledged the mistakes that were made and even explained them in detail. Accept it as the truth or not..... your decision. But why would you believe someone that is a known liar (from other message boards and here) and not the other person. Why is the customer always "the victim"? He has his parts back and a refund.  

I am not worried about him..... he is what someone else called him on this board,  a douchebag.

He would rather spout off to an audience on a message board than talk to the person he is accusing. Not once has this yo-yo called me. If you are going to accuse someone of something at least be man enough to face him or talk to him.

For Khyron.... "the dude runs a hack shop and SHOULD be called out on it"   You get that all from reading a liars posts? Why don't you come visit my shop some time. I will show you it is not a hack shop.

Whatever Mike- you keep avoiding the truth and questions and believe what you want. Funny how you call me a liar yet I have proven evidence you lied to me backed by photo evidence. I have the facts, you have your spin- so be it.

ZSmithersCharges

HKCharger, UThustler, runninhorn, whatever- you accepted money as settlement and have gotten your used parts as per requested.  Nothing else is going to be admitted via the forum.  You have already ruined his reputation here, and on moparts.  I'd say you were pretty successful and he is not going to reveal his secrets on the phony hughs or the spark plug mistake other than blaming it on a helper who he refuses to fire.

Mike- Shady business deserves to be brought to the light, it was.  I read both posts, here and mopart and I can't say you sound correct or less guilty in either.  The part about you saying "whose the real victim" he still is.  Regardless of if you were ripped off or not on a supposedly new part.  The fact that you refuse to fire your "helper" if he exists baffles me.  I have worked for automotive repair facilities and "oops I forgot" does NOT fly.  As a technician you have an invoice list right in front of you to check off as you go along.  There is no way to forget as if spark plugs are that hard to even double check.  I would seriously reconsider how you run your shop, and if nothing else at least spend more time around the shop so your employees know you are watching.  Keeping the technician on that made this mistake not only jeopardizes your shop's name but yours as well. :Twocents:

To both- This issue will probably never be resolved as far as hurt feelings go but as far as the forums are concerned I would say it definitely is.  Matt you accepted settlement.  Mike paid the amount requested(minus tranny rebuild because you won't allow him to do it).  Can't say that I blame you(Matt) but I can't blame him either(Mike) for wanting to see the tranny damage to personally verify it instead of just giving you a fresh rebuild for the hell of it.  Done deal shake hands and vow to never do business with eachother again.

Forum members- Take note, unfortunately history has a strange way of repeating itself.  Don't let the person finding this out be you.

Funny side note:
When I worked for Nissan we had a technician who overfilled a ladies car by setting the oil pump to pump 20 quarts as apposed to the amount he had remaining.  After this mistake instead of fixing it, he put the oil cap on and drove the car(new) smoking out to the lady.  When she asked what the hell was going on he said it came in that way.  When she told our service manager he demoted the technician to lot tech(guy who cleans the cars) until the guy got so embarrassed and fed up he quit.

451-74Charger

I have worked on computers for people, and have ordered new parts to resolve an issue, When it was found there was more at fault than that part, I personally made sure the customers system was fixed for the stated price and any extra expense incurred by myself in efforts to resolve the issue were absorbed by myself.

Reputation is everything in this world right now, (and should allways be).
The customer is right, is a good mantra to go buy, but the clause "and can be a complete a$$hole" should never be considered.

Given what has transpired here, If I lived closer to Mike and needed work done I couldnt do myself for whatever reason, ! would still take my car to a shop like Mike's, for 2 reasons. 1 or 2 dissatisfied customers do not change how I feel, there is usually more to any story than we ever hear. The other is, after being called out on several high profile boards, Mike is less likely to let anything slip like this again. Like I said reputation follows you. I just had my Jeep fixed at a local ex-dealer (I hate dealers), because i knew their bodyshop was the best in the area although i had heard another person complain about their service.

As for HKCharger, cut him some slack, after all he did eventually buy a Charger, maybe not the one he originally was looking at, but he does own one and deserves the same courtesy we all do being on this board. Its about the car, not the individual.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: 451-74Charger on May 07, 2010, 09:23:04 AM
I have worked on computers for people, and have ordered new parts to resolve an issue, When it was found there was more at fault than that part, I personally made sure the customers system was fixed for the stated price and any extra expense incurred by myself in efforts to resolve the issue were absorbed by myself.

Reputation is everything in this world right now, (and should allways be).
The customer is right, is a good mantra to go buy, but the clause "and can be a complete a$$hole" should never be considered.

Given what has transpired here, If I lived closer to Mike and needed work done I couldnt do myself for whatever reason, ! would still take my car to a shop like Mike's, for 2 reasons. 1 or 2 dissatisfied customers do not change how I feel, there is usually more to any story than we ever hear. The other is, after being called out on several high profile boards, Mike is less likely to let anything slip like this again. Like I said reputation follows you. I just had my Jeep fixed at a local ex-dealer (I hate dealers), because i knew their bodyshop was the best in the area although i had heard another person complain about their service.

As for HKCharger, cut him some slack, after all he did eventually buy a Charger, maybe not the one he originally was looking at, but he does own one and deserves the same courtesy we all do being on this board. Its about the car, not the individual.

:cheers:

You are however a bit more of a risk taker than I when it comes to bestowing trust. 

Troy

So, it looks like all is well so moving on... :eyes:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.