News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how would you handle this?

Started by HKCharger, May 04, 2010, 05:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

First off I would not take the car back for him to supposedly make it right. I wouldn't bring my car within 10 miles of the place. I would ask him for a full refund for the work he didn't do, for the parts he didn't buy and for whatever damages resulted because of his negligence. If he baulks at that sum then I would inform him you have already contacted an attorney who is ready to litigate over the matter and that you will contact the BBB, the DA, his insurance company, the local newspaper, whoever, and threaten to spread the name of his business throughout every venue you can think of. If he baulks again then hang up and dial the lawyer's number and tell him to move forward with the lawsuit.

68X426

Quote from: HKCharger on May 04, 2010, 11:27:32 PM

So I'm sitting here pondering what to do.

Hey HKCharger, you got law in Texas. I'm sure you do. So, how do I say this politely . . . . . .

IT'S A CRIME. YOU ARE THE VICTIM OF FRAUD. GO SEE THE LAW AND FILE COMPLAINTS. DISTRICT ATTORNEYS LOVE HIGH VISABILITY CASES LIKE THIS. CALL THE LAW. PLEASE.
:brickwall:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

jobbless

i concur, being a auto shop manager. i have dealt with issues not quite like this, but. issues where the customer has had trouble with the car after one of our mechanics had worked on it. they usually had it fixed elsewhere and brought us the bill. though reluctant and very displeased, the owner always paid the bill. or ended up going to the magistrate. and loosing. they always seem to find for the customer. especially if you have evidence. i really do not see you having any problems getting paid. i wish you the best... 
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

chargergirl

Small claims court, file a report so it is documented, and personally I would never allow them to touch my vehicle again. Bill or statement from the other shop stating the repairs were not done to your car and the old parts are still on them etc. In all things DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. Small claims court you do not need an attorney however you will be asked why you didn't file a report...so make sure that is on file...you have every right not to allow that shop to attempt another repair when it was SO obvious they didn't do the repair the first time...I want to know what happened...how do you NOT repair something that you "purchased"...who's car is it REALLY on?
Trust your Woobie!

Brock Lee

I had a similar issue. I gave the garage a second chance and they held my car hostage. I got a lawyer involved and it kind of worked out in the end. To be honest, after lawyers fees and such I lost money. I should have taken it to court, but I suspect I would have got stiffed on the settlement, so I cut my losses early.

Tell every car guy you know exactly what happened. I guarantee that word will get around at the speed of light.

RTDaddy

No way would I let that shop back at it.  They got you once, just imagine what could happen if they're making repairs "under duress."  I'd have another shop do it, (maybe canvass you buddies and get a couple of recommendations), then go the legal route.  Just my $0.02.  Good luck.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

Mike Miller

I find it funny that so many people pronounce someone guilty from listening to one side of a story.

It saddens me in fact.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Mike Miller on May 06, 2010, 09:00:13 AM
I find it funny that so many people pronounce someone guilty from listening to one side of a story.

It saddens me in fact.

Hey its the guy!   :wave:   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Bob

Quote from: Mike Miller on May 06, 2010, 09:00:13 AM

It saddens me in fact.

Welcome Mike,
What is the other side?
Bob

HKCharger

Welcome to the discussion mike.

My question to you- you told me you were buying me a new 2200 Hughes stall converter, you charged me for a new one, yet you in fact installed an old used one in my car that didn't last an hour before it blew resulting in a complete tear down and rebuild that it is currently having done.

You said you bought me a new hughes converter last week- who did you buy it from? What day did you buy it? Why did you tell me one thing, charge me for it, but install a used one?

Also, why did you tell me you would be buying me a new hughes converter, installing me a new 2200 stall then when I show up say a 3000 arrived and that's what you installed?

Mike Miller

I am not getting into another discussion about it here. If anyone wants to know they can go over to Moparts and read it all.

You got your old parts back (why you wanted used mufflers back is beyond me) and your refund. 

Why do you choose to post on message boards instead of calling..... would have resolved things a lot faster.

I made an offer to you to fix the car and instead you had to start posting and telling everyone how bad I am.

I have an email from you that you sent last week telling me the previous owner had installed the converter I removed. Yet in late 2008 you stated on this message board that you had gotten your new converter installed and over on Moparts you stated that you had bought a PTC 9.5 Street fighter converter for your car.

Don't call someone a liar and a thief when I can show where you have lied to me. I was straight forward and honest about a couple of mistakes made in my shop. and made a very reasonable offer to fix it.

By the way.... your oil was changed. But I doubt you noticed I didn't charge any labor to do it. It is called customer courtesy.

Road Dog

If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

HKCharger

Stop avoiding the questions at hand!

I told you to put a new converter in my car.

You said great, ill order you a new Hughes 2200 converter and said send you money so I send you $400.

When I come to pick it up you tell me a 3000 stall came in instead of the 2200 you told me in email you were going to order me.

On my invoice you charged me for a new hughes converter.

Not even an hour into driving it the converter blows.

The transmission shop pulls it and says that isn't a new hughes in your car- its an old used grey one.

I send pics of it to matt out at hughes in arizona and he emails me that converter is 100 percent for sure not a hughes and then sends me pics of what a hughes looks like.

Why did you attempt to defraud me?

You say you did in fact order me a new hughes converter last week- so post proof of it.

HKCharger

Also why did you charge me for the oil and spark plug change, parts, labor to r&r them and not touch either?

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

HKCharger

Ill wait right here while you get that new hughes converter purchase from last week you told me you bought for my car.

Khyron

Quote from: Mike Miller on May 06, 2010, 09:54:19 AM

Don't call someone a liar and a thief when I can show where you have lied to me. I was straight forward and honest about a couple of mistakes made in my shop. and made a very reasonable offer to fix it.

from your web site..

Our goal is to make our customers not only happy with their vehicles, but have the knowledge that it was built right. Whether you come in for a brake job, engine rebuild or a complete restoration,you can leave knowing the work was done correctly the first time.

may want to call your web designer and remove that sparky...

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

HKCharger

Typically when I order parts if I can't find the receipt I call the business I bought them from to get the invoice number/purchase order number- feel free to post that as well so I can call to verify. I know jegs and summit have one on every purchase made.

Fyi matt l. At hughes performance has confirmed you didn't order anything directly from them.

Mike Miller

I replied and explained it all on Moparts for the whole world to see. I am not explaining it again over here. Maybe you should go over there and read it again.

You have your parts and money.

In the 7 years I have owned my own shop, you are the first customer I have had an issue with. If you had chosen to call me and accepted my offer to repair it since I did tell you right up front that it was our mistake, this could have all been resolved. You chose not to. That is your choice and your right. I made the choice to try to make things right in my offer which included rebuilding the transmission if need (because of metal coming out of the converter) and you turned down the offer.

Khyron

Link? Moparts navigates like crap....

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

HKCharger

Lmao!

First in 7 years?

How come within the first 3 hours of posting this at moparts I had multiple people either pm me or email me with similiar feelings about you and your shop and thanking me for posting this?

Also why when I posted this at the cowtown mopars forum was my post deleted twice? You are an admin at that forum and you are an advertiser there- go figure.

HKCharger

And we are still waiting for proof you bought that new hughes converter last week you told me you did (in writing) and charged me for (on my invoice)

Mike Miller

See, this is where ...... people ..... like you post things and only one side and never a full explanation. Tell them how one of the MODERATORS , not me, deleted the posts. I didn't even know you had posted there. He even told you that he is the one that did it.... not me!

Tell the whole story or stop telling bits to make people feel sorry for you.

I can see why you have been banned at other boards now...... yes I have gotten a few emails myself.

HKCharger

Stumpy your buddy deleted those threads, but that is miniscule at this point- I just don't agree with it happening- it shouldn't have been deleted.

Stop avoiding my questions- post the proof you bought my new hughes converter like you said you did last week.

HKCharger

Why did you install a junk old converter in my car and tell me and charge me for a new hughes converter?