News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Help Identifying Bucket Seats (Looks Like GM)

Started by Old Moparz, May 02, 2010, 02:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Update!! The seats are allegedly 1966 GM & a one year only. A friend of mine is restoring a 1967 Impala & said he'll stop by to look at them to see if he wants them. I have a hunch he'll take them since he isn't worried about staying stock, & he also wants to yank the bench seat to put a 4 speed & console in the car.   :popcrn:

I have a pair of bucket seats that came out of a 1969 Charger parts car a few years ago, but the seats are definitely not the correct seats from that car. I'm not even sure if they are Mopar seats, but they do remind me of some mid 60's C-Body seats. They are the type that does not have a locking lever to tilt the seat forward, so that tells me they are older than the late 60's.

Can anyone help me figure out what they might be?

The driver's side seat is complete with all the mechanisms, tracks, exterior panels, & adjusting lever. The panels are all painted metal, & the adjusting lever is a chrome dicast part. I peeled off the aftermarket cover on this seat exposing what appears to be the original seat cover underneath. The passenger side seat is missing the rear, backrest panel & the dicast handle for the adjusting lever. I didn't pull the cover off this one. I can't find any logos anywhere, so I am not even sure if it's a Mopar seat.

First 3 pix are the driver's side.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

The 3 passenger side pix.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

By the way, these seats are in my way & I will never use them. If I can find out what they are, it'll be easier for me & anyone else that might be interested in them. I'd like to post them in the in the forum instead of tossing them in a dumpster.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

craigandlynda

hmmmm...they kinds look familiar,,,,maybe 1966 442?
let us  know if you find out for sure

Old Moparz

Quote from: craigandlynda on May 02, 2010, 04:37:09 PM
hmmmm...they kinds look familiar,,,,maybe 1966 442?
let us  know if you find out for sure

I looked on ebay to compare '66 GM seats & they definitely look to be of that era. I can't say for sure which division since I didn't recognize the stitching pattern, but the back panel, the shape of the seat buns, & the tracks look the same as others listed as Chevy & Pontiac. One of my friends is stopping by tomorrow to see if he wants them, but if he doesn't, I'll shoot you a PM & post something here.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry