News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to assemble my steeringwheel

Started by Mr. Lee, May 02, 2010, 11:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Lee

Hey guys, for my 69 Charger I am restoring a steeringwheel at the moment like this one:

I tried to assemble it but I didn't succeed; I think I am missing some parts...... I have the steeringwheel itself, the hornpad, and I have only this part to get it together:

I guess I'm missing some bolts and another part to assemble it all; anyone can help me out on how to assemble and help me out with the missing parts?

Thanks!  :2thumbs:

Serge

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hmmm....I have a spare black wheel I use in the winter months in place of my woodgrain one & it does not have any parts like that in it.

The metal horn ring has the 3 holes to secure it to the horn contact & has the welded nut in the center to accept the vinyl center pad.
You must pry out the center medallion to gain access to the bolt that secures the pad....

EDIT---- looking at some other pics it looks like the '70 wheel had the metal ring & the pad molded as one unit.   In tat case the '70 pad uses the hardware you pictured to hold the pad to the wheel.

Looking at your pic you posted you can see the metal ring & pad are 2 separate pieces (correct for '69)

This is the separate horn ring for 69...

This is the one piece '70 horn ring/pad

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mr. Lee

Now I see my hornpad is slightly different as the pic I posted  :o

My hornpad and the ring are in 1 piece; just like the 70-hornpad you posted. I know the center medallion has to go to reach the bolt that secures the pad, and I think this bolt is mounted in the middle in that round metal thing I have and posted the 2 pics of.

But still this piece has to be mounted to the steeringwheel itself, and I need a part to get the horn working don't I  :shruggy:

Who makes some pics from your steeringwheel for me so I know how to and what I am missing?

Would be gratefull  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

yes you need the horn contact itself.....

This is the front of it '70 style (with the round disc mounted)

This is the back (which gets screwed to the wheel itself BEFORE the disc goes on)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mr. Lee

Alright buddy, the pieces are falling into place in my head now  :2thumbs:

So I need the horncontact , 3 little bolts to mount it to the steeringwheel, and 3 little bolts to mount the piece I have on to the horncontact I suppose?

Who can help me out on these parts  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Those pics are all taken from active ebay auctions......

start bidding
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mr. Lee

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 03, 2010, 06:43:50 PM
Those pics are all taken from active ebay auctions......

start bidding

Have the links? I searched Ebay but didn't spot these....

plumbeeper

I have a few NOS horn switches left. Let me know if you need one.

Dave

http://www.woodgrainwheels.com
CLICK ABOVE FOR THE BEST MOPAR WOODGRAIN STEERING WHEEL RESTORATIONS