News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66-67 Forum still down?

Started by Ghoste, May 01, 2010, 01:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I know they were rebuilding over there and it's a site I very rarely visit anymore but I can't seem to get it to work after it being down for a while now.  Any of the fastback regulars have more "up to the minute" information?

Troy

I got an email a few days ago about changing forum software and I'd need to request a new password. However, it appears that the site is still running the old SMF software and it is in maintenance mode. There's a message about restoring from backup.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mauve66

been a week now, supposed to be back this weekend, i've been like a lost puppy with nowhere to turn :'( :'( :'(
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Musicman

covet66

Yep, check it twice a day, still down.....

mauve66

i see everyone is migrating over here...................
wonder if we can get Troy to copy all the resource info collected over the years just as a backup ya' know??????????????
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

ChgrSteve67

The site has had its issues for some time.  (Software errors, Hosting, performance and so on)

Allen is trying to upgrade\migrate the fourm to a new or different version.   :cheers:

Was supose to be up last Monday, then Friday, now only Allen knows.

Last time an upgrade was atempted it was a failure and I guess the SMF support people could not even fix it.    :icon_smile_blackeye:

hey pinky you need to change your avitar.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

ChgrSteve67

You should change it to a picture of a empty garage.

A383Wing

piwo440

Every once in awhile,  Steve comes up with a good one!!
Ron Gasior
66 Charger 383/727
ZZ1 P4W WW

Topher

Quote from: piwo440 on May 01, 2010, 08:16:15 PM
Every once in awhile,  Steve comes up with a good one!!

A blind squirrel will find a nut every once in a while.
Topher

Musicman

OOOoooo... chalk one up for Topher :D

FlatbackFanatic

:smilielol: :smilielol:  Its still down, I just tried a few minutes ago..... :popcrn:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

ChgrSteve67

Don't make me turn Big Sugar loose on you guys.

He dosen't like people playing with his nuts.

Big Sugar

No worries Steve....I'm keeping an eye on things.........That was a funny Avatar comment though Steve.....Hey Robert you got any updates on the Mauve Marauder yet.....Any Pics ?

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

mauve66

came back last night, waiting for the kid to get home so we can push it into the garage
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Troy

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on May 01, 2010, 05:27:44 PM
The site has had its issues for some time.  (Software errors, Hosting, performance and so on)

Allen is trying to upgrade\migrate the fourm to a new or different version.   :cheers:

Was supose to be up last Monday, then Friday, now only Allen knows.

Last time an upgrade was atempted it was a failure and I guess the SMF support people could not even fix it.    :icon_smile_blackeye:

hey pinky you need to change your avitar.
What I do here is I have a complete duplicate of the site. I run any "upgrades" against that first so if anything goes horribly wrong it doesn't affect the actual site. The upgrade script always says to backup the database but you should backup the directories and files too. If you guys remember, I got involved with the original D-C.com site because Jesse had a bombed upgrade and lost everything. I was able to recover most of it but it took me the better part of 2 days.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mauve66

oh we're not knocking him, (well, of course there are always 1 or 2 that will) i sure don't have the time, knowledge or money to fund what he's trying to do to keep the site running, with my brain cells being what they are i'm just hoping the wealth of info on the site doesn't disappear.
of course with all the duplicated questions we all (including ME) ask, i'm sure we would be back up to speed in 6 months :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Topher

Quote from: mauve66 on May 02, 2010, 10:05:54 AM
came back last night, waiting for the kid to get home so we can push it into the garage

Why don't it run?  :shruggy:
Topher

Musicman

Site now says that the updated is complete and should be on-line again tomorrow  :popcrn:

mauve66

wiring harnesses completely yanked out, distributor getting re-curved by FBO, general lazyness on my part, take your pick :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment