News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

going to talledega

Started by mauve66, April 30, 2010, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

am going by talledega on a monday afternoon, anything other than the muesum i should be looking for?? probably only get 2-4 hours there
thanks
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Aero426

Other than standing in wonder at the place, the museum is the best part.   You could always take Hwy 77 into downtown Talladega for some local culture...

Just one hour south of the track is the Wellborn Musclecar Museum in Alexander City.   There are some beautiful back roads between the track and there.    If you have time, it is not to be missed.   

mauve66

i do have to end up in columbus GA, so anything south southeast would be good to go, thanks

anything else out there??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Aero426

Quote from: mauve66 on April 30, 2010, 06:58:42 PM
i do have to end up in columbus GA, so anything south southeast would be good to go, thanks

anything else out there??

Wow, that's perfect.    From the Wellborn Alexander City, you take Hwy 280 SE all the way to Columbus GA.    It is 4 lane 55 to 65 the whole way.    I just drove that route last month.   

If you want a map and directions from the track to the Wellborn museum, I have something I can email.     

mauve66

sure, thanks, i just looked it up on google maps and it didn't seem complicated
i won't be in talledega until 2pm or so, not sure i will have time to see both with the travel in between though, the wellborn place closes at 5 and google says it takes 1 1/2 hrs to get there from the speedway
maybe if i can get up alot earlier when i leave Missouri :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
i have to be in columbus late monday may 17th or very early (5-6 am) tues 18th
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Aero426

How about seeing it when you head back home?

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim