News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Horns

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, April 28, 2010, 06:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

Are there any date codes or manufacters name to look for on 68 Horns?

Can someone post a picture of what a 68 Horn is supposed to look like. When I got my car one of my horns was not working and I think the guy that was helping me with some work on my car changed my horns out for a pair of mid 70 style horns. They are smooth, don't have the ear canal look to them and they say prestolite on them.

Thanks,

Ghoste

Horns will have a 3 digit code somewhere on the lip that dates them.  It will be two numbers to indicate the week of manufacture followed by a single spac and then a single digit which indicates the year.  For example it may appear as 14 7, which would mean the 14th week of 1967.
I believe that most of them were made by Prestolite (the Road Runner horns were made by Spartan).  I will look up part numbers later but it wouldn't surprise me if the horns were the same for the Chargers for several years.

maxwellwedge

Here is the date coding on the Prestolite horn. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,68205.msg767624.html#msg767624

I have seen Spartan horns on some 69 St. Louis B-Body's - so Spartan is a possible on a 68. I think both would be acceptable.

Sixt8Chrgr

I found the date codes on my horns. They are 45 and 50 7, and my car is a 68. Could these early 67 horns be on my 68? Or are these 77 horns? By way of reference, my seat belt tags are dated coded April of 67. Also my car was built in late December 67.

Thanks for the help.

Lawrence

Sixt8Chrgr

Picture of my horn.

Ghoste

I wouldn't say the 45th and 50th weeks of 1967 were early.  In fact, I would call them late.  :icon_smile_wink:

It sounds to me like they are the right ones for your car.

maxwellwedge

Sounds good to me as well. Nice to end this post on a Hi Note.....groan   :icon_smile_big:

Sixt8Chrgr

Guys,

You are right, I was thinking about the 45th and 50th day of the year instead of the week.

Glad to have the correct parts.