News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EZ wire kiy

Started by Matthan, April 22, 2010, 06:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthan

Has any body ever used the EZ wire Kit I was looking at the 21 Circuit. Is there anything else I will need to keep from my old wires for it to work?

Long Island RT

I used the EZ mini 20.  I also have aftermarket gauges.  I was able to get the fuse box mounted in the stock location in my glove box.
You will need to reuse all your "plugs" (especially on the instrument cluster) and do lots of soldering and sealing.  If you are sticking with the stock ammeter, you'll have to wire that in separately or keep it stock (or even better - Nacho's got a great thread here about upgrading those wires and the ammeter issue:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33574.0.html)
The wring harness in itself is a nice, good quality piece - the directions are useless.

Good luck
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

Matthan

what do you mean by (plugs)? I am going to use new aftermarket gauges.

Long Island RT

If you were using the stock dash - all the different lights and gauge cluster plugs and sockets would need to be re-used. 
With aftermarket gauges - I think it's a no brainer to use this kit.  If you are using your stock engine, forward and rear harnesses - you'll have to "splice" into the original plugs for each of them.  And if you use an ammeter over a voltmeter - that wiring is not included in the kit.
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

Matthan

how hard is it to splice into the wires?

lisiecki1

it's pretty straight forward: cut, strip, apply heat shrink, solder, and shrink said heat shrink.  it gets a little more involved if you have majorly corroded wire at the plug though.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html