News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why is there a gap on the rear panel?

Started by sixpack_sid, April 17, 2010, 09:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I just installed the rear tail panel on my Charger and there is a gap on either side. What's up with that??  :shruggy: Anyone else run into this problem? I got it from AMD.
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

jaak

Its sorta hard to tell, I enlarged the pics to look at it, looks like too much was cut out with the original tail panel. Like some of the rear quarter edge was taken off with the old panel.

Thats what it sorta looks like to me.

Jason

elacruze

Can't see clearly in your pictures, nor in mine because the bumper's being test fitted but maybe these will help you;

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Arigmaster

It's difficult to tell from the picture but it looks like your going to have to do a bit of metal work down there. Are your quarter panels factory, AMD Full quarter or Aftermarket skins?

Sometimes when these are mixed they don't line up. Also, There may be variations between the panel for a '68 to the '69 from AMD where they don't quite interchange without some fab work.

Silver R/T

When I did mine I made sure that quarter panel extension line up real good.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TylerCharger69

Being a novice in body panel replacement.....I would say it's best to have the new piece in hand before the cutting starts....that way you can compare and cut exactly what is needed

Darkman

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on April 18, 2010, 07:20:24 PM
Being a novice in body panel replacement.....I would say it's best to have the new piece in hand before the cutting starts....that way you can compare and cut exactly what is needed

From reading his other posts, he bought the car with the tail panel already cut out
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Troy

Quote from: jaak on April 17, 2010, 09:55:03 PM
Its sorta hard to tell, I enlarged the pics to look at it, looks like too much was cut out with the original tail panel. Like some of the rear quarter edge was taken off with the old panel.

Thats what it sorta looks like to me.

Jason
:iagree: When I first saw the other thread I was going to mention that the hole looked awfully big (ie the previous owner cut off the mounting tab).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.