News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rust and removal on body

Started by irishluck, April 17, 2010, 06:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishluck

so ive been trying to do some body work while im waiting on the my engine to get rebuilt. I have a 1973 dodge charger. 318.
ive been doing alot of work on removing rust.

Does anyone have any idea of the best way to remove rust.

I dropped my rear axle and sand blasted the whole thing and painted it, looks very nice. but it took awhile today.
(Ill post pics later)

now im coming up the the bumber, is there an easier faster way to do this, and also, how bad is surface rust on the under body? should i remove it?

oldcarnut

If you do a search on rust removal or a variation of it you'll come up with a lot of topics about different ways to remove it or treat it.  I have some myself underneath nothing major but its a long way down the road for me to treat it.  Some of these guys have the availability of the rotisserie to turn it over and blast it.  I'm still finding sand everywhere from just blasting the front frame and engine bay.  Good luck on your search.