News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Help w/New Tailpanel

Started by sixpack_sid, April 17, 2010, 10:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I have a 68 Charger and the rear tailpanel is cut out. I bought it that way and the guy I got it from gave me a fiberglass tail panel to put on. I want to keep the car metal so I bought a tailpanel from AMD. I am thinking that I need to cut away the top rail, but wanted to check with you guys before I do anything. Here is a pic of the rear and the new tail panel. Is there anything else I need to cut out or modify before trying to install the new panel?
Thanks!
Sid
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

69*F5*SE

It's a 68 and you bought the 69 tailpanel?  Why is that?   :shruggy:

TylerCharger69

Silver R/T

Maybe he wants 69 tail section on his 68...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

sixpack_sid

Don't judge me! This used to be a forum of helpful information instead of sarcastic posters.....
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

69*F5*SE

I'm definitely not judging you.  I was just wondering why, that's all. 

Arigmaster

It's hard to tell from the pictures but if the new tail panel has the top rail then I would remove the reminent of the old rail from the car. Overlapping parts can cause the panels not to align properly.

TylerCharger69

wow....relax...no one is judging you!!!  I thought that maybe you didnt realize it was a different year...or you were sent the wrong piece....or......anyway....we werent trying to ruffle your feathers!!!   :2thumbs:

sixpack_sid

I cut away the top rail and mounted the tailpanel today. No hard feelings-don't mind me, I always get crabby when doing body work! :laugh:

MORFF

Question for you guys I have a 69 charger and my body guy is going to weld in the tail panel and full trunk panel he should be able to fit the full trunk panel in the hole where the tail panel is right? tks
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

69*F5*SE

MORFF, with the tailpanel and trunk latch support/bracket removed the full trunk pan will go in.  On my 69, I only have the lower rear valance removed. After getting the trunk latch support/bracket out of the way I was told that the full trunk would even fit through that opening so you should be good to go.   

twodko

If youse guys are all done, I wanna judge him!.........Youse guys always leave me out...........I never get to have any fun.

Dammit!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

twodko

Oh man! Yous are right, I stand corrected.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!