News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have a photo of the three dash speaker system? (69 charger)

Started by Troy/Utah, April 16, 2010, 04:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy/Utah

Looking for pic of the covers (the top of the dash) for the three speakers in the front dash...anyone??

Thanks,

Troy/Utah

scatpack69

68blue

This is the dash out of a 68 that I am rebuilding, I put one of the old covers on it.

Troy/Utah

Hmmm

Where does one obtain the covers? They look similar to the other two?

My 69 has those....but as it came back disembowled...I was not sure what the covers looked like??? It had been many years away!

Thanks so much for the picture..

Troy/Utah

SFRT

I have a 3 speaker dash. the speaker grilles are made out of metal. I have no idea if they make repops, I got a nice set off of ebay a while back...they fit with the narrow end torwards the windshield.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

heres a shot of one of my old crappy ones. its rusted up so I believe they are sheetmetal, not potmetal.

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

the central speaker has no grill. the dash itself is perforated. the 2 smaller holes in the middle are for your windshield defroster vents. those are plastic. repops available evrywhere.
Always Drive Responsibly

Troy/Utah

Okay....now I know why I was a bit confused. The photos help quite alot! The aforementioned restoration place used 4 fresh air vents! So I shall add another part to the list of "need to replace" items. When I get my interior sorted out...I will post some pics. I want everyone to see the door panels and the upper door pads they installed on my car.

Upper door pads....metal backing with blue foam glued around it!

Door panels...wood panel (from inside someones home??) cut to fit, then white vinyl stapled around it and screwed into the door. I wonder if it made my car upgraded to the woodgrain package!  :rotz:

The rear window had windlace for the inside window trim...

The carpet was some blue type of headliner used in camper shells or the like! They used 68 bezels in my 69...and the seat covers....we (the interior guy that knows mopars) at least know they were white and from Canada. Could not find a Mopar they went to (ABCDEFGHI body) :shruggy: and the backseat had some hog rings, some wire hangers and a few zip ties holding the cover on! Seriously! And they still have cars there being worked on....I hope that was not slander (I even have photos for non believers)!!!

I'll have to hold the Legendary stuff next to all this to see if anyone can tell the difference!!

Covers not repoped - so I will watch ebay and such for a set. I have the radio and antenna....it's slowly coming together. Thanks again for the assist you all!!!

INVALUABLE!!!!!

Troy/Utah

66FBCharger

When you bought a Charger, when did you get the three speakers in the dash? Was it tied to the type of radio you ordered? Is it a fairly uncommon option? What years was the option available?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Troy/Utah

My 69 had the radio master option...am 8 track and the three speaker set up!!

Brock Lee

I have had 2 unmolested 3 speaker cars and the taper went narrow part towards the A pillar and the wider part towards the center of the dash. They unquestionably left the factory that way on my cars. They even had the "tan lines" when removed where the paint was unfaded underneath.

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly