News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Keisler - anyone else getting the run around??

Started by 1970Moparmann, April 12, 2010, 09:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YGBSM

I promised to report back after my Keisler automatic went in, so here it is.  Sales and service was very good.  Gene promptly responded to my emails and the transmission arrived more or less exactly when he said it would.  I did not do the transmission swap myself (ran out of time when my son was born) so I don't know how easy it would be to do it yourself.  However, I now have about 300 miles on the transmission and it is working very well.  Absolutely no vibration and it is so much smoother than a Torqueflite- there is just no comparison between the two. 
On a 200 mile interstate trip I was driving between 70-80 mph and getting about 15 mpg out of a 496 stroker.  I'm hoping to get more with some tuning.
'68 Charger R/T, numbers matching 440/727
Now with Hensley 496 stroker and Keisler 4-speed auto

resq302

Quote from: bill440rt on April 15, 2010, 08:33:16 PM
Quote from: YGBSM on April 14, 2010, 07:19:28 AM
Wow some of you guys are harsh.  I just met Gene for the first time yesterday when I visited Keisler to check out their overdrive automatic.  He was very professional and knowledgeable, and took the time to answer my questions and take me for a ride in the 'Cuda they have.  I ended up ordering a kit.  I promise to report back (positive or negative) once the transaction is complete and the transmission is installed in my car, but so far I have to say that Gene is a nice guy and that the negative comments are not borne out by my experience.

And no, I am not affiliated with Keisler at all.

:iagree:

I installed their Stage 2 auto O/D trans in my '69. While there were a few minor snafus (and I do mean MINOR), their tech support was always very helpful & I ALWAYS got someone on the phone. If I needed an additional part or a replacement part, it was on my doorstep in just a few days. The driveshaft alone arrived within 4-5 days after I sent them the specs. Now THAT'S customer service!!
I've driven the car only a few times now on short trips, and have to say the trans is performing very well. And, I'm no pro shop or a spokesperson for Keisler either, just some poor schlub tinkering in his own home garage.
:Twocents:

PS - You want my car at the Keisler booth at Carlisle this year??  :D

Damn, Bill.  you're going to need to hire someone to ship all those cars out there to Carlisle this year!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

charger2fast4u

i figured i'd  share my experience with Keisler. i bought a tko600 for my 68 charger last year i have not installed it yet but i'm sure there won't be any problems with it. although i also bought the same trans for my 73 challenger last year to from them. i installed it and it drives smooth and am happy with the change from the 727 automatic. didn't run into any issues with anything bolting in other then i wish you didn't have to weld in a new trans tunnel. only bad thing i had with them was they never sent me the clutch reservoir and all the lines. i called them up told them my problem and i had the parts within days. also i called them acouple times for some questions on installation and always got some one on the phone to answer everything. and needed to order offset pins and driveshaft and got them fast as well. thanks for making 5 speeds for our cars what's the update on 6 speeds for 68-70 chargers i'd like to get one and trade my still in box TKO600 for one.

Patronus

I apologize for being a little naive here, but what would the alternative be for a new 5 speed besides the 'industry standard' Keisler?  :shruggy:
:popcrn:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Supercharged Riot

Start a lawsuit man.

a year into your order an no complete transmission?

I'd raise all kinds of hell with those guys.

too much bad feedback from them.

I'll steer people away from their business

I hate seeing people get ripped off.

1970Moparmann

I think based on what my experience was, it finally made an impact because I have personally heard better stories recently.   The one thing I will share is because of my story, I wound up calling Tremec directly and they did give me two other dealers as a just in case.  I did talk have a "contingency plan" ready with another dealer and what surprised me was after I told him my issue, he replied "I can get you a speedo cable in 2 days...."  I don't know what the issue is/was with Keisler besides the "supplier issue" with the cable, but other companies seem to have other means. 

On another note, as some of you may know based on other threads, I did get my car done for the Hot Rod Power Tour, and did put 1,600 miles on it.  The trans does work well, and am very pleased with it.  I have a 3.73 gear and when the car is over 60 MPH, 5th gear is asset.  We cruised anywhere from 70 - 75 on the highway, and it made a huge difference.  It's definitely nice having the 5th gear when doing a long distance trip. 

Just wanted to share the info. :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!