News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would you rather have 69 Bee or 68 Charger?

Started by paironines, April 11, 2010, 09:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paironines

Sorry, no pics.  :rotz:
68 Charger orig. 318 car, now 383, triple green, has had one quarter and trunk replaced already, probably could use a drivers side quarter or lower quarter. Basically a solid car that has some minor rust spots here and there behind the hinges, etc. Runs and drives.

Or:

69.5 A12 Bee, red 4spd, Not the numbers matching 440, very complete but very rusty and hit hard. Needs rear rails and quarters from rust/accident but it's definately saveable. Does not drive!  I do my own bodywork.

Sorry, I know its vague and I think I know my own answer, but I just like bouncing things off of other people. Pretend they're the same money and you can only buy one. So pretend they are $1 or a million dollars.

Thanks

devilgear

Oh dude no question...The A12 is one of my top 5 dream cars....Damn I want one soo bad....

b5blue

Very rusty like frame rails are shot? I'd lean more to the 68 but an A-12 is an exceptional find! A real bad ruster could end up costing more than it would be worth done? Keep in mind dash/interior resto is not cheap ether!  :scratchchin:

Troy

How much money do you have in reserve? If the cars were finished I'd take the A12 car no question (even though 68 Chargers are #1 on my list). The reasons are: red vs green, 4-speed vs auto, 440 six pack vs 318. However, since both need to be built you have to factor in the cost to finish each. The Charger will be a lot less work to get on the road and would make a nice clone for not a lot of money (in comparison). The A12 car sounds like it will need the entire back end replaced. Finding original A12 parts will also be time-consuming and expensive. My guess is you'll have more than twice as much in the A12 car as the Charger - but it will be worth more when finished too. I don't have the kind of money it would take to get it on the road but, even if I did, it would be a difficult choice to make and I think I'd pass.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

paironines

Yeah the Charger is solid and a driver but the Bee is what it is and rough. I've always owned nothing but Chargers since 94 but always had an eye for the bee's. They both need interior restos. and the rails are more bent than rotted so idk.......

tan top

well if you can do your own  body work !! then yep its only the price of AMD panels your paying for  ,  go for the  69 & a half A12 car  :yesnod:

i would  restore the A12 car , then sell it  or use  as a px / swap etc on a  69 C500  or a  69 Hemi charger R/T :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

paironines

I didn't mention in the 1st post that I've owned the 68 Charger for about 5 yrs and enjoy driving the car around but I havn't had any real ambition to finish/restore it. Maybe the triple green color or the fact that I have other projects that are more important to me or whatever But i've kinda toyed with selling it regardless if I buy something else. That selling feeling comes and goes. You know how it is.

moparstuart

A-12 will always be worth more , like troy said i love 68 chargers the best of any charger but an opertunity to get a rare a-12 should not be passed up if you can afford it .  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

UFO

Instead of trying to pick one,find a way to get'em both.

moparmoynihan

Buy the Bee, then sell the 68 to offset the cost of the new panals. Then get to work!  :METAL: Johnny
b7 1969 Charger 4 speed 440 4:10

Scaregrabber

Depends what you want to do. If you want a car to drive, maybe hot rod a bit and enjoy then keep the Charger. If you are able to do a huge restoration with a bitgexpenditure of time and money then the A12 is the answer. Most A12's will end up too nice to drive much but you will get attention at the shows you trailer it to.

Sheldon

69DodgeCharger

69.5 A12 Bee, red 4spd, Not the numbers matching 440, very complete but very rusty and hit hard

The key sentence right there. A lot of extra work just for the "priveledge" of an A12.

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

mrmopar71

Quote from: paironines on April 11, 2010, 09:17:35 AM
Sorry, no pics.  :rotz:
68 Charger orig. 318 car, now 383, triple green, has had one quarter and trunk replaced already, probably could use a drivers side quarter or lower quarter. Basically a solid car that has some minor rust spots here and there behind the hinges, etc. Runs and drives.

Or:

69.5 A12 Bee, red 4spd, Not the numbers matching 440, very complete but very rusty and hit hard. Needs rear rails and quarters from rust/accident but it's definately saveable. Does not drive!  I do my own bodywork.

Sorry, I know its vague and I think I know my own answer, but I just like bouncing things off of other people. Pretend they're the same money and you can only buy one. So pretend they are $1 or a million dollars.

Thanks
none!!!! go with an e body!!!!

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow