News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Windows Defender

Started by Tilar, April 08, 2010, 06:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

I just installed this program after I got hit with a virus this last weekend. Now about every 10th time I open a new web page, Here included, it comes up and says it detected "Trojan:Win32/Alureon.CO". I always tell it to remove it but it just keeps coming up. I'm wondering if it is a false detection or something.

Anyone else have this happen?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Silver R/T

remove that program and install Malwarebytes' anti-malware. Update it and do a quick scan and then it'll remove any spyware/trojans on your computer. Restart computer and run chkdsk.exe. Your computer will run like new
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger RT

yes download malwarebytes free version 1.45 then update it and restart the computer into safe mode to run program. here is a link. http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Tim

Tilar

Thanks guys, I did just that and it seem to run great!
Dave  

Charger RT

your welcome
some sites are now saying to run another program after the malawarebytes one. Here is a link.
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=GOOGLE-SUPERANTISPYWARE
I keep a copy of both on a flash drive to help friends
The link I just posted found a few hundred items on my old computer right after running malawarebytes. Malawarebytes did get the issue solved but the other program took the job one step farther.
running them in safe mode is both quicker and it prevents what you are searching for from stopping the program from finding it.
My kids got something in the one computer last year that would restart my computer when malawarebytes would find it. Since it would restart in mid scan. It kept itself from getting removed. That computer had an issue with booting into safe mode. I found the above program from a site that had a fix for my safe mode issue. I keep that file on the flash drive as well.
Tim

Tilar

I downloaded that and it found a bunch of cookies. It also found a false positive in a file from an old copy of my Excalibur BBS software that I still have on my computer.

It's definitely running good again.
Dave  

Khyron

Quote from: Tilar on April 09, 2010, 06:06:58 PM
It also found a false positive in a file from an old copy of my Excalibur BBS software that I still have on my computer.

It's definitely running good again.

holy crap LOL, I used to run a WWIV board back in the day ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Tilar

That was fun times.  :yesnod: I had a 48 node license with internet access and email. Never charged a dime to anyone.
Dave