News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Worth it?

Started by devilgear, April 03, 2010, 02:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilgear

A kid by me has a 1972 plymouth Satellite for sale for $1000...It has a junk 400 with a 727. No drive shaft, but it does have a 8 3/4 rear. Most of the interior is out, but he does have most of it. Console car with buckets. The front floor boards are gone, but they are cut out. He has both bumper plus one extra. Has the ralley dash and the gauges look pretty good. Body need LOTS or attention, but he did start some of it and he did sand down lots of it allready.I'm not looking to restore it, but flip it.What do you all think?....Good deal?

jaak

Hard to tell without pics, but by your discription of it, I would pass on that one.

Jason

Tilar

:iagree:  From the description I'm not sure you'd get your money back plus labor by parting it out, If it were a Roadrunner, maybe.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

devilgear

It does have some nice parts.I thought I would swap the 8 3/4 for my 8 1/4, but the labor alone to do that would be tough...I guess I'm out nothing if I don't buy it...I know me and I can be lazy..HA

Skinypete

72 is one of my favorite years for the satellites, but judging from your description and the fact that he already started tearing the car apart and working on it I would pass. I bought a 74 Charger SE that was partly torn down and that was a mistake. If I could do it again I would save up and buy a complete and running car. It would be something I could drive for a couple years till I could save up enough money to start a good resto on it. Just my 2 cents though.
DJMIII

devilgear

Well this was not something I was thinking about putting back together, rather parting out and selling.It's just that it would be a alot of work to do it, and I'm wondering if when it's all said and done would I get anything out of it?....

BrianShaughnessy

If you get enough from it by parting it out is the only way IMHO.

Some die so that others might live  :yesnod: 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.