News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More blurry pictures of my dumb car

Started by SFRT, April 03, 2010, 11:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatbackFanatic

Looks just Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool5: :drool5: Thats all I can say,,, Awesome!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

SFRT

Quote from: b5blue on April 04, 2010, 09:16:23 AM
So when you set front ride height did you go buy the FSM? (Bottom of ball joint to ground, add 1 5/8" and adjust lower control arm pivot to that number?) (I think it was add 1 5/8") Or just "wing" it?  :scratchchin:

I took it to a alignment place and told em to crank it up. torsion bars....its probably going to come back down a little. tires are wearing properly, thing tracks true with hands off the wheel..so I figure its ok. rides real nice..'magic carpet'

I will probably have my moper genius chassis expert friend 'tune' the front suspension  soon.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

b5blue

I love the ride and feel of a b body, let me know if ya learn any tricks OK!  :2thumbs:

herhemi

Those are some terrific blurry pictures of a terrific dumb car!  Wow, that is sharp!!!!! that's all I can say!!!

twodko

It looks nice shiny! The hood pins are perfect and the steelies with dog dishes really set the car apart. The batt cutoff switch would be happy living in one of the wheel wells IMO. Black 2nd gens are the bomb!
Did you shoot the pix on 3rd Street?

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

kurgan383

SFRT

Quote from: twodko on April 05, 2010, 11:41:04 AM
It looks nice shiny! The hood pins are perfect and the steelies with dog dishes really set the car apart. The batt cutoff switch would be happy living in one of the wheel wells IMO. Black 2nd gens are the bomb!
Did you shoot the pix on 3rd Street?

Tom
my shop is at 11th and howard.
Always Drive Responsibly

twodko

I know the area well. Hopefully I'll have our car back together buy June and we can meet up with youse folks on TI for a run.

Tom

SFRT

cool The chiselers are doing a couple of runs/get togethers in June and July....drop by the shop any time

1490 Howard..ask for Frank.
Always Drive Responsibly

Belgium R/T -68

Really great looking car you have. :2thumbs: Why do you call it dumb? :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

MOXY100

I was wondering, is the RT emblem on the white stripe paint?

SFRT

no its the 3d one. my car soooooooooo :coolgleamA: incorrect.
Always Drive Responsibly

moparmoynihan

Its correct to you my man!! Thats all that matters. That car is really a work of art. Very tastfully done. I think I'm going with dog dishes now.  :2thumbs: Johnny  :METAL:
b7 1969 Charger 4 speed 440 4:10

twodko

Morning Frank,

The back tires on 10's are the way I'm leaning towards, the ass end of a 2nd gen Charger is supposed to look exactly like your car IMO. If you have folks in the back seat, do the tires rub? I'm undecided on 7 or 8" wheels for the front. I know its personal preference but its seems more members are running 7's in the front. Any reasoning to this?

Tom

SFRT

no real idea. 7's just seem the way to go. no rubbing issues etc. as far as the backseat, never had anyone back there so no idea.
Always Drive Responsibly

ChargerĀ“69

Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

200MPH

Charger

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: SFRT on April 03, 2010, 05:11:00 PM
Quote from: skip68 on April 03, 2010, 01:42:14 PM
:drool5:   Nice !    What size are the rear tires ?   295-50-15 ? ? ?    :shruggy:

yes on 10" rims the fronts are  235/65/15 on a 7" rim ...steel wheels from wheel vintiques. 4.5 offset. I have SSB disc brakes all the way around. the fronts fit no problem the rears I had to shave some meat off  the calipers. plenty of rear tire clearance inboard and outboard.

I like the nose high stance feels more 60's to me. I wanted a 60's 'street strip' vibe with this car,as oppossed to a 70's 'air shock' ass up or 80's 'prostreet' look. apart from the Caltracs nothing on this car is cosmetically 'post 69' until you open the hood or look up underneath...imterior is all barebones stock etc.

The 15x10's have a 5.5" backspace correct?   Im considering of a wheel change myself in the same sizes....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

SFRT

no..the 'standard' parts they use to make the whhels are limited. I think the rear offset is 4.75? I cant remember but it sucked making the rear disc calipers fit. if you have normal rear brakes youll be fine.
Always Drive Responsibly

tan top

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 20, 2010, 04:04:39 PM
Quote from: SFRT on April 03, 2010, 05:11:00 PM
Quote from: skip68 on April 03, 2010, 01:42:14 PM
:drool5:   Nice !    What size are the rear tires ?   295-50-15 ? ? ?    :shruggy:

yes on 10" rims the fronts are  235/65/15 on a 7" rim ...steel wheels from wheel vintiques. 4.5 offset. I have SSB disc brakes all the way around. the fronts fit no problem the rears I had to shave some meat off  the calipers. plenty of rear tire clearance inboard and outboard.

I like the nose high stance feels more 60's to me. I wanted a 60's 'street strip' vibe with this car,as oppossed to a 70's 'air shock' ass up or 80's 'prostreet' look. apart from the Caltracs nothing on this car is cosmetically 'post 69' until you open the hood or look up underneath...imterior is all barebones stock etc.

The 15x10's have a 5.5" backspace correct?   Im considering of a wheel change myself in the same sizes....

yeah sort of thinking the same also !  15 x10 with a 5 & a half back space  :yesnod:
but i like the idea of having all five wheels / tires  same size  :scratchchin: so the jury is still out  :shruggy: :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: SFRT on April 20, 2010, 05:22:57 PM
no..the 'standard' parts they use to make the whhels are limited. I think the rear offset is 4.75? I cant remember but it sucked making the rear disc calipers fit. if you have normal rear brakes youll be fine.

The reason I ask is because a "stock" size of Wheel Vintiques from Summit Racing is 15x10 with 5.5" BS    Unless you had yours custom made???
The 15x7's have 4.5" BS
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

SFRT

then it must be so. seems like that backspacing is fine.
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

I honestly could use a wider tire, but the 10"  wheel seems to be the max  I can run and I do not want to move or cut anything back there.
Always Drive Responsibly

jb666

Wow!!  "blurry pictures of my dumb car"  :rofl: I can almost feel the enthusiasm!! That's an awesome ride, man!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

mikesbbody

:o :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: one of the nicest Charger's here on DC